Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ MY21 delivery wait times in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was just on the Tesla website and there were 2 SR+ (grey and red with upgraded rims) and then refreshed and they are now gone. So all SR+ stock has been sold for the delivery arriving this Sunday. The demand is insane.
I had my estimated delivery date change from 17/11 - 01/12 to 7/11 - 21/11.

I’m guessing my car is on that delivery.

Do you know how long from arrival to delivery in Melbourne is generally?

I had my estimated delivery date change from 17/11 - 01/12 to 7/11 - 21/11.

I’m guessing my car is on that delivery.

Do you know how long from arrival to delivery in Melbourne is generally?
@Vedaprime is your guy for all things tracking. Follow his twitter feed.

Usually it can take anywhere from 3 days to a weeks for cars to go from Port Kembla to QLD and VIC. They usually get detailed at the Tesla store and they are doing 20-30 deliveries a day once the cars arrive.

Just ordered my SR+ blue model 3 without any extras and estimate time was 8-12 weeks.
However, in the Tesla app it now says: Estimated Delivery: December 03 - December 17

That's a big difference. Anyone know if the estimated delivery could be more accurate?

Couldn’t find a thread on this. How accurate is the delivery window for Australia /Vic deliveries of SR+ M3. I ordered mine this week said 2-5 weeks during ordering and on the account shows Nov 25-Dec 10 window.
The cars are on ships still or in Shanghai. Many of the dates are inaccurate depending on vin/build date this quarter. This is my field of expertise.

Just ordered my SR+ blue model 3 without any extras and estimate time was 8-12 weeks.
However, in the Tesla app it now says: Estimated Delivery: December 03 - December 17

That's a big difference. Anyone know if the estimated delivery could be more accurate?
These estimated dates change a lot. the algorithm has issues. ignore the 8-12 weeks as well - If you have a vin, this won’t apply.

Hello Everyone, just ordered my Tesla 3 Long Range last week and it also said 2-5 weeks.

Checking my Tesla account it had an estimated delivery date for the 16th-30th of December yesterday and a 9th-23 of December today.

I have also found out the VIN number using the plug in.

How likely do you think it is, that it will actually be delivered within December?

Tesla website now updated with the longer range (491km WLTP) but slower (6.1s 0-100) RWD car (no longer call SR+).

And also longer range for the LR (614km).

Appears near certain that all Q4 deliveries have the bigger battery. Some debate about whether they will be slower or not (some suggestion that Q4 deliveries might be unicorn vehicles - bigger battery but with the old faster motor)

Last edited:
Hello Everyone, just ordered my Tesla 3 Long Range last week and it also said 2-5 weeks.

Checking my Tesla account it had an estimated delivery date for the 16th-30th of December yesterday and a 9th-23 of December today.

I have also found out the VIN number using the plug in.

How likely do you think it is, that it will actually be delivered within December?
Yes. I know it will as the tracker of all things

Any idea why there is a change in range and speed? I thought the cars made from Shanghai already had the LFP batteries for SR+ over past few months? The change in naming of the variant is also a bit strange.. my booking in the account still shows as SR+ whereas new custom order page shows just rear motor for the base variant.

Change in components.
Bigger battery - reportedly closer to 60kWh than 55.
Less powerful rear motor - shared with LR rather than P.

It appears that Australian Q4 deliveries that were manufactured in October will be unicorns - with the bigger battery but the old motor.

I cant wait to see some comparisons of the unicorns (October 2021 MiC) vs the new updated (Feb shipment) 3s. Just curious.

I also saw some US/Canadian customers are getting heater steering wheel and heated rear seats included now (not that Australia really needs that and I would never use it).

I also saw some US/Canadian customers are getting heater steering wheel and heated rear seats included now (not that Australia really needs that and I would never use it).
Ventilated seats are much more useful for most of Australia. I'd take ventilated over heated any day, although I do use both in my current vehicle (much cheaper than any Tesla, but still has these!).