Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ MY21 delivery wait times in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SR+ ordered 12/10. Any way to confirm this? Check with rep?

my advice - don't change. These cars are looking like to be a unicorn according to reports I have heard from Tesla. Check your vin and build date, and this can confirm things. I see a lot of data. With the first ship arriving late last week and going through the port processes now, it won't be long before we have reports of people receiving their car in the next week or so. All cars built in October for Australia and New Zealand have larger batteries.

• Informative
Reactions: Sir Surfalot
9/10. You’re confirmed with bigger battery and same 0-100?
I'll be surprised if this is the case, as I understand it the chemistry of the new battery cannot cope with outputting the required current which is the reason for dropping the 0-100. However, if it is the same, that's pretty awesome news for you!

I'll be surprised if this is the case, as I understand it the chemistry of the new battery cannot cope with outputting the required current which is the reason for dropping the 0-100. However, if it is the same, that's pretty awesome news for you!
They've had the LFP chemistry with the same (faster) 0-100 time since the start of the year, so it's not that.

Personally I suspect that they wanted to keep the entry level model as inexpensive as they can, and the added distance between it and the LR (somewhat diminished since the LFP battery in the SR+) doesn't hurt.

Reactions: Chuq
i don’t understand.

FJ = unicorn build? My Vin has FJ in the 7th and 8th digits but my car‘s build is June 21, picked up in August 21 🤷
My cancelled order had a build date of 18/06/2021 had the same FJ code.
Tesla made me cancel and reorder as I wanted to change the order to a corporate plan.
Haven't got the new VIN order yet.
Does anyone know if AU/NZ will get the Midnight Silver paint as a standard free colour?

Last edited: