Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ MY21 delivery wait times in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, any confirmed news on order from Nov 21 of M3 would have estimated delivery of Late January next year or even more than that?
Historically at least, Tesla build export cars in the first month of the quarter, and start shipping them from around the end of the month, with aim to deliver by the end of the Q. So your order is likely to be built in Jan, shipped sometime in late Jan / Feb, and be delivered anywhere from mid-Feb to end of March depending on which ship it's on and where you are in Australia.

Don't expect to see a VIN or any delivery estimate until Jan when your car is built, unless you get lucky and there's cancellations in front of you for your exact config and you manage to get bumped up far enough to get a Q4 car.

I ordered a few weeks ago, so I'm also still waiting, this is all just from my reading of how the process works.

Also, next Q has the Lunar New Year at the start of Feb (that's a big holiday in China), not sure what impact that'll have on Q1 deliveries?

Historically at least, Tesla build export cars in the first month of the quarter, and start shipping them from around the end of the month, with aim to deliver by the end of the Q. So your order is likely to be built in Jan, shipped sometime in late Jan / Feb, and be delivered anywhere from mid-Feb to end of March depending on which ship it's on and where you are in Australia.

Don't expect to see a VIN or any delivery estimate until Jan when your car is built, unless you get lucky and there's cancellations in front of you for your exact config and you manage to get bumped up far enough to get a Q4 car.

I ordered a few weeks ago, so I'm also still waiting, this is all just from my reading of how the process works.

Also, next Q has the Lunar New Year at the start of Feb (that's a big holiday in China), not sure what impact that'll have on Q1 deliveries?
I placed the order on 14/11 and just checked with my sales advisor that I might be looking at getting the car on Feb. One thing I dont understand is why the "unicorn" model gets processed so quick, two of my friends who placed the order in early Oct have received their unicorn models and it took around 6 weeks only.

I placed the order on 14/11 and just checked with my sales advisor that I might be looking at getting the car on Feb. One thing I dont understand is why the "unicorn" model gets processed so quick, two of my friends who placed the order in early Oct have received their unicorn models and it took around 6 weeks only.
Because ordering in early October is ordering while quarterly production is in progress - it'd be the equivalent to you ordering in January. Essentially for this quarter the timelines were - build in October (latest build date from this Q appears to be 1st November), ship from late Oct-late November, delivery from mid-November to end of December. I've seen some people already have their cars presumably who ordered early, possibly even before October, some have delivery estimates as late as "after 25 December".

There was "existing inventory" available as late as about 4-5th November, where if you ordered you were probably assigned a VIN almost straight away because the car was already built just hadn't been bought yet. You'll probably see something similar around the end of January, with those "2-5 week" delivery estimates.

I was looking at the start of November, still undecided whether to wait for the Y or not - and made up my mind on the weekend, but by the time I ordered on Monday 8th it was already "8-12 weeks" and I missed out on this quarter.. such is life.

Seems like I’m in the same boat as you
Because ordering in early October is ordering while quarterly production is in progress - it'd be the equivalent to you ordering in January. Essentially for this quarter the timelines were - build in October (latest build date from this Q appears to be 1st November), ship from late Oct-late November, delivery from mid-November to end of December. I've seen some people already have their cars presumably who ordered early, possibly even before October, some have delivery estimates as late as "after 25 December".

There was "existing inventory" available as late as about 4-5th November, where if you ordered you were probably assigned a VIN almost straight away because the car was already built just hadn't been bought yet. You'll probably see something similar around the end of January, with those "2-5 week" delivery estimates.

I was looking at the start of November, still undecided whether to wait for the Y or not - and made up my mind on the weekend, but by the time I ordered on Monday 8th it was already "8-12 weeks" and I missed out on this quarter.. such is life.

Update! Just got my final invoice two days after receiving SMS saying invoice is in Q to be uploaded, and paid immediately, invoice said compliance date 31/10/2021

I think it's the last of the last Unicorn 🦄 version for OCT.
The tesla rep says nothing in writing to confirm Unicorn 🦄 version but internally is advertised as Unicorn.
What is the Unicon version. I ordered late in Oct and have a Vin number + invoice and delivery in Melbourne Aus from 25th Dec 2021

What is the Unicon version. I ordered late in Oct and have a Vin number + invoice and delivery in Melbourne Aus from 25th Dec 2021
In Q3 Tesla bumped the battery capacity on the Model 3 across the range, but for the SR+ (which is now just called the "Model 3") they increased the 0-100 acceleration time due to a motor change. Cars built during Q3 (like yours) will have the upgraded battery, but also the original motor - hence "Unicorn" due to the uniqueness. Cars prior to Q3 have the same acceleration as yours but smaller battery, cars built next Q will have slower acceleration than yours but the same battery - only Q3 cars will have both.

Reactions: cafz
As I understand it, the unicorn shipment was already on the water but hadn't been allocated to buyers yet. That shipment was showing 3-6W on the web. The next shipment will be processed over the Christmas break so there will be a delay. The cars that are 8-12w on the web are still in China. Do you have a VIN?

As I understand it, the unicorn shipment was already on the water but hadn't been allocated to buyers yet. That shipment was showing 3-6W on the web. The next shipment will be processed over the Christmas break so there will be a delay. The cars that are 8-12w on the web are still in China. Do you have a VIN?
From what I've seen folks like Veda say, not all the unicorn cars have left China yet - but production finished up around 1st November for our allocation. The "8-12 week" cars won't even be built until January based on Tesla's quarterly schedule. You get a VIN once it's built and allocated. Realistically it'll be mid-Feb - late-March delivery for those cars that are yet to be produced, so it's 11-17 weeks at the moment.

Status update: Funds cleared in the Morning, from Yesterday 5.40pm payment, updated to Prepare for Delivery. Also Checking Vin on Vicroads for Rego No record found yet.

Not sure how long......... Do they do Delivery on Sat/Sunday? @ Mulgrave, the Tesla rep confirm Will definitely pickup from Mulgrave warehouse.

I ordered Mats, boot liners and those sunshades not even arrived yet since 19th Nov.

So excited, yet going to dirty the car upon delivery lol goona wear those shoe wrap or cling wrap my shoe...

Reactions: Vostok
Yea like Marcin said old motor with 5.6s 0-100km/h.. new longer range battery.

From 2022 it's the 6.1s 0-100

Hence it's a "unicorn 🦄" version

Yea like Marcin said old motor with 5.6s 0-100km/h.. new longer range battery.

From 2022 it's the 6.1s 0-100

Hence it's a "unicorn 🦄" version
I've ordered the LR dual motor version , so does any of the above still apply. Delivery is close to Xmas 2021.

Status update: Funds cleared in the Morning, from Yesterday 5.40pm payment, updated to Prepare for Delivery. Also Checking Vin on Vicroads for Rego No record found yet.

Not sure how long......... Do they do Delivery on Sat/Sunday? @ Mulgrave, the Tesla rep confirm Will definitely pickup from Mulgrave warehouse.

I ordered Mats, boot liners and those sunshades not even arrived yet since 19th Nov.

So excited, yet going to dirty the car upon delivery lol goona wear those shoe wrap or cling wrap my shoe...
I have delivery of my LR in Red and Vin number for 25th dec delivery from Mulgrave also. I have my screen protector, front and rear floor mats, sun shades, Jack pads, and some Hannshow new version tail lights. My wife says the extras cost more than the car

I've ordered the LR dual motor version , so does any of the above still apply. Delivery is close to Xmas 2021.
I don't think so :D and Congrats for the purchase. Dual motor is still the same and it would be superbly fast :D I only test drove the RW standard range. is it's as fast as my BM X3 30d.... if not faster it feels.... same 5.6s 0-100km/h floor it and it flys.. makes my partner nauseous.

Yes I also test drove the SR+ and my wife said she needed a neck brace.
Imagine the 1020hp plaid S or X will be omg..

Always wanted to get a "sporty" type fast car. Childhood dream was Stage 3 mod WRX STI Spec R.

Never got a chance have 2 kids too young and drove a mini bus for 7 years. 🤣

Right now prices are more " affordable" no modification needed, instant torque. No need $2.xx/L 98 fuel with a drinking turbo engine

10kw solar system with Tesla battery Fun driving is practically free thank you Elon

Reactions: Vostok