Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ MY21 delivery wait times in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a text message from Tesla and confirmed delivery appointment for Chatswood pick up 15th of Dec. Does anyone know how long the process takes on the day? thinking of booking ceramic coating + Tint the same day.
Sign your papers, open your app to connect to your car, walk down the stairs to the car park and check that your phone is paired with your car.
They'll tell you not to remove the electrical safety tag that's in the frunk and ask if you have any questions. You could easily be out in under 5 minutes if their garage door wasn't so slow to open...;)

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Got my SMS too for pickup next week from Mulgrave VIC
White SR+
Had a couple of days to choose from (Thursday or Friday)
Of course I chose the earliest
Can't wait
Saw your post and Gave support a call... not sure why mine can't be next Thursday or Friday :( 14th was the only choice. They said, as you have tick all the boxes and paid. We are now waiting for your car to rock up in Melbourne. if rocks up early.. we will definitely give you a buzz to collect early... Maybe mine was at the Back of the ship.......

Just curious (I've got a while to wait yet) - at the point you get the delivery SMS do you have to have already paid the Final Invoice, or does that just have to be paid before the pickup day?

(I'm more wondering if this batch of delivery notifications going out will lead to some last minute cancellations.. hehe)
They give you a delivery date. They "require cleared funds prior to delivery". SA told me I'd have about a week's notice and needed to pay before they would dispatch the truck/release the car (in Adelaide they deliver it to your house as there is no dealer).

My Tesla is ready for pick-up, but I am very disappointed by Tesla's service so far:
  • Wasn’t able to reach Tesla Melbourne at all on Friday afternoon, and had to go through Sydney office to get my invoice adjusted
  • The callback system also didn’t work, got a message saying that the service is unavailable
  • Tesla Sydney promised to give me a call back, yet never did
  • Wasn’t told when buying the car that roadside assistance is only 80km from a service centre
  • They can't give you any indication of cost for roadside assistance outside of 80km, will get it with my insurance
  • Found out that some accessories are out of stock, even the manager has no idea for how long
The main excuse I get is that Tesla is too busy. Great for them, but that shouldn't mean communication can be lacking if I've just spent $65k.
Hoping to get the unicorn model, the build date states: 31/10/2021

Hi All!

Placed an order online a little over a week ago for base Model 3 White with White Interior, was looking up to a 3 month wait. I managed to grab a Red with Black Interior Unicorn yesterday (Build date is November 1st) and I am picking it up this Friday!! I can't wait!!!
Did you manage to book something from existing inventory for this(making another 150$ booking and canceling your previous order)? Or did you call your SA to manage it for you? I’m seeing some options popping up on the website(probably cancellation from Q4deliveries) and contemplating whether I should go for it or not? I’m hearing from other friends that accessories are missing from these ones with no clear timelines from tesla to get this fixed hence its being ditched(not sure how true this is)

• Wasn’t told when buying the car that roadside assistance is only 80km from a service centre

I had an issue early on and they towed my car from Newcastle to Sydney (approx 130km) all at no cost. (warranty)

Not sure what would happen for non-warranty damage, but I'd expect to pay something.

Blown tyres are swapped out by Dyno Tow at Cardiff (ie. they use local tow companies)

Did you manage to book something from existing inventory for this(making another 150$ booking and canceling your previous order)? Or did you call your SA to manage it for you? I’m seeing some options popping up on the website(probably cancellation from Q4deliveries) and contemplating whether I should go for it or not? I’m hearing from other friends that accessories are missing from these ones with no clear timelines from tesla to get this fixed hence its being ditched(not sure how true this is)

Yep that is what I did. I kept checking inventory for a Unicorn and one popped up so I put the $150 down. Then my SA transferred my trade in over to the new order and cancelled the original order for me. Lost $150 but I am happy to have a unicorn and I don't have to wait 3 months.

Reactions: Vostok
Just picked up the Tesla from Mulgrave.
There were around 40ish Teslas ready to be picked up, mainly white, but also some grey, black and red. Just 2 blue ones.

Drove home safely, but wow, it was only 23 degrees and already that roof is so hot! AC doesn't work all that well either.
And since I can't find a sunshade for it anywhere online that delivers this month, I'm not sure how to resolve that issue.

Reactions: Victor T
There were around 40ish Teslas ready to be picked up, mainly white, but also some grey, black and red. Just 2 blue ones.

Drove home safely, but wow, it was only 23 degrees and already that roof is so hot! AC doesn't work all that well either.
And since I can't find a sunshade for it anywhere online that delivers this month, I'm not sure how to resolve that issue.
Firstly, make sure that the AC is set to auto and only pick the temperature that suits you.
My Model S is set to 22C and I find it’s at its most effective when in auto.
If your car was in the sun the glass roof will get hot but should cool down from the wind passing it as you drive.

Purchase my sun shade from here. They had fast delivery. Tesla Model 3 Glass Roof Sunroof Rear Window UV Film Sun Blind Shade Sunshade | eBay

I thought the Model 3 AC was hopeless until I tried the “Auto” setting a few weeks in.

I don’t know why the manual settings seem hopeless, but they are. Ever since I hit “Auto” I have never gone back - I find it works fine and I never feel hot in the car any more, even when the glass roof is so hot to touch it’s painful.

• Informative
Reactions: Maximillan
For those that already picked up their car in Victoria, is your rego updated in the VicRoads online check yet? I am picking up my car next Thursday and about to get my car insurance before I pickup but the online rego is not updated yet.

Hi Nick,

Congrats!! does the car come with mats?