Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ MY21 delivery wait times in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
woo that's very ex maybe I am doing high excess...... Budget direct $1900 excess... $1500+++ Allianz also $1552+ with $2000 excess.....

RACV? $1500 Excess... of cos without other
"extras" nearly $1200 comprehensive..... you must be very young.. lol I am an old fart.. 37.. if $2k excess.... $1000+ couldn't believe my eyes.... without... multi-policy discount or any other special discounts....

very strange Allianz and Budget is always the cheapest all these years... but I read on Whirlpool... they said RACV was the cheapest.. so I gave it a go, can't quote online have to call.
all comes with if 2 years totaled.. brand new car.. I normally do high excess... because I am very very careful..... especially with the AEB on this one... *touch wood*
Haha this is my first car so gonna get lower excess for my first year insurance. Not exactly young here 32 now. Gonna get the AAMI comprehensive + sunroof for $1600 with $1375 excess. Lowest quote I have gotten from multiple insurance.

20211214_101425.jpg

Delivered 😂😂😂👍

Feels like a little boy

Have a good checked, rear seats heating is available, steering wheel heating available. Acceleration haven't test, hard to test because no gear.. for that 0.5secs, still babying the car. Est range fully charged 440-444km on app. As per vedaprime said for unicorn 🦄. Latest full driving computer. Unfortunately MCU still the intel atom. Which is a bit slow for some stuffs. AMD would be great 😜

No other accessories given except the charger and floor mats.

Have a 15A plug at home made for the car. Got a third party 16A level 2 portable charger. $240+ I think from Ali. Work's like a charm. Tesla's one leave in car for emergency

Tested shopping centre destination charger also max 16A no problem. Going go find a higher amp one to test.

16A is pretty reasonable to be honest. Don't want to degrade the battery so soon. Although it's the better LFP battery 🔋

Reactions: HennyVT
Feels like a little boy

Have a good checked, rear seats heating is available, steering wheel heating available. Acceleration haven't test, hard to test because no gear.. for that 0.5secs, still babying the car. Est range fully charged 440-444km on app. As per vedaprime said for unicorn 🦄. Latest full driving computer. Unfortunately MCU still the intel atom. Which is a bit slow for some stuffs. AMD would be great 😜

No other accessories given except the charger and floor mats.

Have a 15A plug at home made for the car. Got a third party 16A level 2 portable charger. $240+ I think from Ali. Work's like a charm. Tesla's one leave in car for emergency

Tested shopping centre destination charger also max 16A no problem. Going go find a higher amp one to test.

16A is pretty reasonable to be honest. Don't want to degrade the battery so soon. Although it's the better LFP battery 🔋
Where did you purchase the third party 16A charger from.

Where did you purchase the third party 16A charger from.

The downside is it's a European plug.. haven't been able to find something for Australian plug. I use a adapter for it and set the car to charge at 11A instead of full power,. The house socket is 15A rated with the 16A circuit breaker.

Tried 16A the adapter didn't get hot. Need to get a 15A adapter just to be safe.

Over night I plan to just set to 5A charging from car app. Just incase lol 🤣
Way cheaper than some other local sellers, so I just go it a go.

Not sure if it works for electric. Haven't floor it all the way to be honest. But have always bought about 2000km+ demonstration cars already "run in" ☺️

Assuming that is a genuine query 😊 BEVs have no need to be “run in”. You may put the pedal to the metal from Day 1.

The other thing to do is get your first kerb rash early on. Just get it over and done with, and then you can move on and not worry about the second one! 🤣

Reactions: Victor T
Not the wheels!🤣 I noticed the tyres doesn't have the "protruding" bits.... Once kerb scraping will be zzzz... The bimmer P zeros have like 4 to 5mm of "buffer" before scraping the rims

All for aero dynamics what to do... 🤣

Assuming that is a genuine query 😊 BEVs have no need to be “run in”. You may put the pedal to the metal from Day 1.

The other thing to do is get your first kerb rash early on. Just get it over and done with, and then you can move on and not worry about the second one! 🤣

The downside is it's a European plug.. haven't been able to find something for Australian plug. I use a adapter for it and set the car to charge at 11A instead of full power,. The house socket is 15A rated with the 16A circuit breaker.

Tried 16A the adapter didn't get hot. Need to get a 15A adapter just to be safe.

Over night I plan to just set to 5A charging from car app. Just incase lol 🤣
Way cheaper than some other local sellers, so I just go it a go.
Perhaps a silly question, but why purchase the charger, does the model 3 not come with the 7kw charger and a range of adapter plugs. 7kw is up to 32 amps.

Is the Euro to AU adapter you're using also rated for 15A? Personally I don’t think I’d trust an Aliexpress adapter/charge cable, especially something relatively high current (i.e. more than a 5V USB thing) and something that's not certified for use in Australia, but that's just me. I suppose at least it's outdoors if it catches on fire, and having a 16A breaker will make sure it doesn't overload the circuit.