Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ MY21 delivery wait times in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the Euro to AU adapter you're using also rated for 15A? Personally I don’t think I’d trust an Aliexpress adapter/charge cable, especially something relatively high current (i.e. more than a 5V USB thing) and something that's not certified for use in Australia, but that's just me. I suppose at least it's outdoors if it catches on fire, and having a 16A breaker will make sure it doesn't overload the circuit.

That's the problem of finding.. very silly me trying to save a few hundred bucks lol.. a lot Good EV products accessories are made for Europe. Just like to test out things that one has a high rating from other buyers and indeed very well constructed. I was going to buy the $549 from EVSE Australia but for $220 Shipped give it a try

That Adapter is rated 10A travel adapter.. need to find another one. Meanwhile I just use it as if a 10A charger the Amps can be toggled from 8amp 10amp 13 amp 16amp. and also tesla app can set for more precise 1amp+-

The garage has a dedicated circuit with 16A circuit breaker.

Thought of a solution last night actually get a good 16A 250v rated 4000w eu socket, wire needs 4mm core size from calculator, but will get 6mm wire core, and get a good industrial 15A plug. Will run the solution with my electrician friend. that should give me more peace of mind.

I travel about 45km a day, actually, 10A is more than enough :D just left it at 5A overnight, 100% charged

Reactions: HennyVT
The car comes with a same portable type charger but more beautiful mini version of those destination chargers at shopping centres... with an interchangeable 10A and 15A plug.
You can also purchase a 32 amp 7kw tail for your Tesla charger from here.

Reactions: Victor T
The car comes with a same portable type charger but more beautiful mini version of those destination chargers at shopping centres... with an interchangeable 10A and 15A plug.
Just to be clear. Everyone is calling these adapters as chargers. In fact your Model 3 has two on board chargers, most EV,s also has this. So the adapter only has a safety circuit breaker and a bit of electronics to communicate with your car. All the charging is done using an on board AC charger or DC fast charger at a supercharger or fast charging station. The model 3 can do 7kw single phase or 11kw 3 phase AC charging and up to 250kw DC charging.

Just to be clear. Everyone is calling these adapters as chargers. In fact your Model 3 has two on board chargers, most EV,s also has this. So the adapter only has a safety circuit breaker and a bit of electronics to communicate with your car. All the charging is done using an on board AC charger or DC fast charger at a supercharger or fast charging station. The model 3 can do 7kw single phase or 11kw 3 phase AC charging and up to 250kw DC charging.
Which is why I don't want to over pay for something which is "cheap" to make $220 is quite reasonable 🤣☺️ it could just cost $80 at wholesale level. just need to make the au plug to EU socket adaptor with the electrician.

Just have your electrician cut the EU plug off and attach the Australian one. No adapters required and will be safer.
I know 😏 but I want to have the option of plugging it into a normal 10A outlet. Lol
The EU plug wire to the portable box is rather short as well.
Ordered some 16A 250v rated industrial sockets and go to his place for the plugs and 6mm wires. It acts as a extension wire otherwise the portable box is hanging in the air from the wall

Day 2 of using all good.. car seems to be able to charge faster than day 1 using that cheapo charger.

Just now @70% battery got into shopping centres destination charger.. charging @11kw.. top up in no time.... Free energy lol like $4 worth☺️ nothing much but it adds up... Could get extra coffee or Macca's offers $4 cheese burger meal.

To be honest, this batch of cars seems smoother to drive.... The one I test drove at the showroom same standard range plus.... Maybe added self driving. Driving was very jerky... especially the regen brake was very harsh..... Making my partner sick..... Only until day 2 then she sat in the car for drive.... She said seems like a totally different car... Way smoother and quieter way more comfortable then the one we test drove..... I said.. maybe software updates fixed some problems 🤣

To be honest, this batch of cars seems smoother to drive.... The one I test drove at the showroom same standard range plus.... Maybe added self driving. Driving was very jerky... especially the regen brake was very harsh..... Making my partner sick..... Only until day 2 then she sat in the car for drive.... She said seems like a totally different car... Way smoother and quieter way more comfortable then the one we test drove..... I said.. maybe software updates fixed some problems 🤣
Well, you made the right decision, your partner just confirmed it.