Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ MY21 delivery wait times in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my RED model 3 long Range on Thursday and loving it. Power is outstanding, quite and very well finished. I have a ton of accessories and now all installed. The car has already been washed twice. Tested a 100% charge today from 60% using my Off-Grid solar system at 25 amps, the solar system had no issues and all those kilometres are for free. Coming to grips with some of the system menus but overall not that difficult. The Auto pilot is very confident and loving it.

Reactions: Vostok
Picked up my RED model 3 long Range on Thursday and loving it. Power is outstanding, quite and very well finished. I have a ton of accessories and now all installed. The car has already been washed twice. Tested a 100% charge today from 60% using my Off-Grid solar system at 25 amps, the solar system had no issues and all those kilometres are for free. Coming to grips with some of the system menus but overall not that difficult. The Auto pilot is very confident and loving it.
Congrats mate 🥳👌

You manage to avoid the dreaded wait and still scored a great car. I've got a 🦄 but the only real difference is that at 100% charge it shows 439kms. It doesn't add to my enjoyment of the car.
Yea both cars got the 0.5sec edge just bigger battery.. sometimes 439km sometimes 442 in between.

I just smoked a modded BMW M3 today. It's so fast that it reached 100km from stop on a 80km highway... But Regen brake is fast to slow it down and put on cruise control lol very fun car to drive.

Saving time and fuel.

Reactions: HennyVT
Hello to Everyone,

After years of loyal BMW 3 series ownership from my first car until now, I decided to purchase my Tesla Model 3 RWD in December. I placed the order on 17 December 2021; the delivery times were 8-12 Weeks then. That would bring up the delivery date between 11 February 2022 and 11 March 2022.

Initially, I was hesitant to take that step away from my beloved Bavarian Carmaker to Tesla. Still, I am excited to try out something new and believe that in terms of Efficiency and charging convenience Tesla is second to none at the moment.

I hope the delivery times are more or less accurate, and I will get my Model 3 before the end of Q1.

I chose the RWD because of the LFP Battery, as I can charge for free at work and home, so I believe the ability to charge to 100% all the time is precious. I hope with the 491 range, the car can make a trip to Sydney CBD from Canberra CBD on one full charge (ca 290km), as this is a standard trip for me.

Thanks
Fabian

Hello to Everyone,

After years of loyal BMW 3 series ownership from my first car until now, I decided to purchase my Tesla Model 3 RWD in December. I placed the order on 17 December 2021; the delivery times were 8-12 Weeks then. That would bring up the delivery date between 11 February 2022 and 11 March 2022.

Initially, I was hesitant to take that step away from my beloved Bavarian Carmaker to Tesla. Still, I am excited to try out something new and believe that in terms of Efficiency and charging convenience Tesla is second to none at the moment.

I hope the delivery times are more or less accurate, and I will get my Model 3 before the end of Q1.

I chose the RWD because of the LFP Battery, as I can charge for free at work and home, so I believe the ability to charge to 100% all the time is precious. I hope with the 491 range, the car can make a trip to Sydney CBD from Canberra CBD on one full charge (ca 290km), as this is a standard trip for me.

Thanks
Fabian
Congratulations on placing the order and I dare say you won't look back once you get your new car.
You should easily be able to do the Canberra-Sydney trips on one charge however if there's bad weather it might make it a little tighter but still doable.

Make sure you keep us up to date when it arrives.

I hope with the 491 range, the car can make a trip to Sydney CBD from Canberra CBD on one full charge (ca 290km), as this is a standard trip for me.
Hi Fabian, there has been discussion about Sydney/Canberra elsewhere in the forums. In my case, I chose a LR because I often go to Canberra. However, I am on the Northern Beaches at sea level so going there is over 300km and max altitude. I think the conclusion for the SR+ is that it can make it to Canberra (uphill) with very little to spare and in good conditions- at the speed limits. Downhill return is no bother. But a short tweak of charge at Goulburn would relieve any anxiety on the uphill journey.

I will post an update here once I have received the Car and, of course, after my first trip to Sydney.

I am aware that the 491 KM are not real-world usage. Similarly, the petrol usage in my current car was also consistently higher than the declared usage. I was hoping that the WLTP rage would be slightly more accurate and 290km Distance would be roughly 60% of the claimed range... but I agree that I don't want to arrive with a 2% battery left at arrival. A stop in Goulbourn on the way back is ok. After all, it cuts travel costs significantly compared to a standard petrol car.

I have test driven the M3 SR+ 2021 model, and I am confident that I will not look back to my old car. However, I will miss the ambient light in my current car and the adaptive headlights. Fingers crossed that the Matrix LED will be software upgraded to that functionality at some point, and the installed footwell and door-pocket lights will be enabled for ambient light.

Hello to Everyone,

Thanks
Fabian
Hi Fabian, thanks for sharing. With the ETA, does it matter for you to get the finance approved now or later closer to delivery date?

I will post an update here once I have received the Car and, of course, after my first trip to Sydney.

I am aware that the 491 KM are not real-world usage. Similarly, the petrol usage in my current car was also consistently higher than the declared usage. I was hoping that the WLTP rage would be slightly more accurate and 290km Distance would be roughly 60% of the claimed range... but I agree that I don't want to arrive with a 2% battery left at arrival. A stop in Goulbourn on the way back is ok. After all, it cuts travel costs significantly compared to a standard petrol car.

I have test driven the M3 SR+ 2021 model, and I am confident that I will not look back to my old car. However, I will miss the ambient light in my current car and the adaptive headlights. Fingers crossed that the Matrix LED will be software upgraded to that functionality at some point, and the installed footwell and door-pocket lights will be enabled for ambient light.
I can’t speak for your route (hills) but I have the 54kw/h SR+ and my daily commute is about 180km, mix of 80/100km/h. My average consumption is 137wh/k so I can get 394km based on that. A bit of a shock when the window sticker said 508km 😂

Worst consumption I have seen was a winter trip to the snow fields where the range was closer to 300km. The temp never got Above 5. So you should be good to go unless it starts snowing in Sydney 😬

Congratulations on placing the order and I dare say you won't look back once you get your new car.
You should easily be able to do the Canberra-Sydney trips on one charge however if there's bad weather it might make it a little tighter but still doable.

Make sure you keep us up to date when it arrives.
I can confirm that it is easily doable with the 60kwh battery. Last week I did Syd - Wollongong - Canberra without needting to charge. 4 hours driving, 336kms, 51kwh consumed, 153Wh/km. The car was fully loaded with 4 adults plus luggage, always at the speed limit, and I consumed 5% just coming back up the Bulli Pass.
I arrived in Canberra with 10%.

• Informative
Reactions: Nobody Famous
Would anyone be able to give any insight in flexibility with Tesla’s delivery dates? Say they give me a delivery date that is on a weekday, would I be able to easily move that to the Saturday?

The nature of my job makes picking up on a weekday virtually impossible so will be hoping there is some flexibility