Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ near Norwest, Sydney

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what you have posted, you should be able to get by with the mobile charger using the 15 amp plug if possible, which gives you 3kw
There are plenty of options for free AC charging in your area which will supply at least 11Kw, which is the max AC charging rate of the Model 3 - this will give you about 75Km of range per hour of charging
They are, Rouse Hill Town Centre (2 x 22Kw Tesla destination chargers), Stanhope Village Shopping Centre (2 Tesla 22Kw, 2 x Chargefox 22Kw Type 2 with tethered leads), Castle Towers Shopping Centre (3 x Tesla 22Kw)
All these will plug straight into the Model 3 with out any need for cables or adapters, so if you visit any of these for shopping just plug in while you are there

Maybe you're talking about your own situation? Some live in a unit with no off street parking or charging option and if you're paying for electricity, even off peak rates, then it isn't the cheapest when free charging is available.
No, I was talking about someone comparing home charging with out-of-home fast charging.
Obviously that comparison assumes both options are physically possible.
Either way, I’d advise against owning an EV if you can’t home charge. I had no charger for the few months and it gets old quickly.

The original comment ( Model 3 SR+ near Norwest, Sydney ) made no reference to people who can't home charge. It was talking about people using a free 50 kW public charger in preference to home charging if both were available.

Public DC fast charging serves a specific purpose - supporting people who need to charge up quickly. If you are a local and are running low on charge, by all means use it. But it's not there for you to hog on a daily basis because you're too tight to pay for electricity.

Reactions: Anubis