Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ Speakers Issue in partial premium

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just want to check if anyone with SR+ is having same issue as I am with 2019.8.3.

I always felt the sound in SR+ to be lacking and I think I have found out why. Even with the 2019.8.3 with immersive set to on. The two tweeters near side mirrors are not on at all. Also not on is the two top A pillar speakers.

I always thought the tweeters near side mirrors were working because I could felt the vibration at the cloth. Now I know that isn't true, the vibration was from the 8" woofer at the door. I was gonna change to an aftermarket tweeters but when I pop out the original side mirror tweeter housing I test it near my ear and found out no sound at all!!

So it looks like immersive setting for SR+ only give some DSP to act like immersive but the tweeters and A pillar are not on at all. Can anyone confirm this also or is it just me?
Pic of tweeter:
Imgur

Yep, same. I thought they'd be enabled when "Immersive sound" came back but that toggle has no apparent effect for me, and they're definitely not working. I knew I was getting fewer speakers, in total, but it bothers me that the speakers so clearly are there yet not working..

That's unfortunate. I don't think you can call a system immersive sound when SR+ only relies on 8" woofer and 4" mid range...at least have the tweeter active to account for the high range frequency sound. No wonder the high notes sounds so muddy.

There's wiring for the tweeter but when replaced with aftermarket tweeter, it still doesn't work. I might have to check with service dept. and hope for some positive answer.

Reactions: lmorda and Big-T
Planning on bringing my car to a car stereo company for some aftermarket upgrades... so looks like there's no point in asking to turn these speakers on then @smagicmans ? I was thinking they just weren't wired, but this sounds like they are just not turned on in the software? Thanks for the info

Planning on bringing my car to a car stereo company for some aftermarket upgrades... so looks like there's no point in asking to turn these speakers on then @smagicmans ? I was thinking they just weren't wired, but this sounds like they are just not turned on in the software? Thanks for the info

It's been a while since last but here's the update, I'm working on the upgrade myself in my SR+.

Basically after done, it will power the two tweeters near doors windows and power two rear 4" speakers in back of car, and also adding a subwoofer that will fit in lower area of trunk.
The four main products i'm using are: pioneer 12" shallow subwoofer, Alpine KTP-445U (to power the extra speakers that are inactive now), LC7i, and pionner sub amp
I could have pick maybe a 6 channels amp instead of two amp but already brought it.

Look at this post to find more: fstr post

It's been a while since last but here's the update, I'm working on the upgrade myself in my SR+.

Basically after done, it will power the two tweeters near doors windows and power two rear 4" speakers in back of car, and also adding a subwoofer that will fit in lower area of trunk.
The four main products i'm using are: pioneer 12" shallow subwoofer, Alpine KTP-445U (to power the extra speakers that are inactive now), LC7i, and pionner sub amp
I could have pick maybe a 6 channels amp instead of two amp but already brought it.

Look at this post to find more: fstr post

That's awesome work and thanks for the link! What is your opinion of the speculation the inactive speakers may be in the future enabled with an option you can purchase from Tesla? Do you think the inactive speakers are software locked out or they won't ever have the power needed without custom wiring to another power source?

Reactions: lmorda