Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 sr+ Traffic lights missing after 2020.40.28

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I am a new to Tesla and got my car last week from Southampton, UK, . On the day of pick up traffic lights were showing up everytime, but since i instaaled the latest update, I get no traffic lights at all. Have i done something to switch this off, is it corrupt software? I don't have FSD, well apart from the 3 month trial which was added also by Elon - so if anyone else has the same issue or knows how to fix it then I will be internally grateful.

All I was getting was blank grey traffic lights then the next day it just started working on its own! Been working OK since. Very strange...

Could it be related to where the car was positioned in relation to the traffic light. If the car cannot see the traffic light properly, say because it is too close or occluded by something, then the colour of the light will not render.

Just a theory based upon history and a recent comment, there may have been a change in what camera was being used to detect the traffic light colour. When traffic light recognition first came out, the colour of many traffic lights could not be recognised due to the car being too close to the light - common here in UK. The speculation was that the normal front camera was being used. With no fanfare, immediately after a (iirc quickly released) software update, the colours of many of these lights suddenly began to be recognised. Speculation that the wide angle camera was now being used. IIRC, with one of the 2020.48 releases, there were reports of light colours not being recognised again, so possibly a functional regression. It would not surprise me that if true, a subsequent release has changed things yet again.

My Dec delivery LR will not have EAP or FSD.

Could you confirm if it will have the ability to show traffic lights on the display, or is that only with cars with FSD. I understand the Autopilot will only react to traffic lights with FSD, but I’d like to now if the display will show the traffic lights on the display in a standard M3. Thanks.