Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Hawaii Tesla Owners

Model 3 SR+ vs LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone.

Looking to purchase a model 3 but can’t decide if the standard range plus is enough or if long range is with the $$$

I live on Maui and my daily commute is less than 20 miles. I’ll be able to charge at home but not at work.

interested in any advice from current model 3 owners on Maui. Is it worth getting the long range?

Hey everyone.

Looking to purchase a model 3 but can’t decide if the standard range plus is enough or if long range is with the $$$

I live on Maui and my daily commute is less than 20 miles. I’ll be able to charge at home but not at work.

interested in any advice from current model 3 owners on Maui. Is it worth getting the long range?

I'm on Oahu, but my daily commute is similar to yours (15 miles each way for me). I have a SR+ and charge to 90% each night. When I arrive home in the afternoon (without charging at work), I'm at about 70% battery left. Even on weekends, if I go into Honolulu from home (about 30 miles each way), and do some driving around downtown, I still rarely arrive home with less than 50%. IMHO, if you don't care about the extra range or the enhanced sound system, I'd say save your money and go SR+.

I'm on Oahu, but my daily commute is similar to yours (15 miles each way for me). I have a SR+ and charge to 90% each night. When I arrive home in the afternoon (without charging at work), I'm at about 70% battery left. Even on weekends, if I go into Honolulu from home (about 30 miles each way), and do some driving around downtown, I still rarely arrive home with less than 50%. IMHO, if you don't care about the extra range or the enhanced sound system, I'd say save your money and go SR+.

Thank you! That’s helpful. I’m a little worried because I live at a higher elevation that is about 1700 feet higher up the mountain from where I work. So that with the colder temperatures makes me more worried about range I just don’t know if I can justify the price difference.

I wouldn’t worry about it you’re charging every night. I know There are older Model S and X in Kula that don’t have as much range. I live in Central Oahu where it can get in the mid-50s in the winter. My X has about 240 miles range at max and my commute is 40 miles a day and I can still go without charging for up to 3 days when I charge to 90%.