Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3: SR+ w/ FSD vs LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does LR RWD come with a partial premium or premium interior? Other than the battery I'm most tempted by the faster 0-60 (Tho I guess that would only be on the AWD) and the enhanced audio system. The live traffic, internet, and music streaming are nice-to-haves but really not necessary with a smart phone... Plus there are rumbling of an 'Internet Package' coming later for $100/year.

I'm test driving a SR+ tomorrow and will ask about a LR RWD. Thanks for posting that google doc

Does LR RWD come with a partial premium or premium interior? Other than the battery I'm most tempted by the faster 0-60 (Tho I guess that would only be on the AWD) and the enhanced audio system. The live traffic, internet, and music streaming are nice-to-haves but really not necessary with a smart phone... Plus there are rumbling of an 'Internet Package' coming later for $100/year.

I'm test driving a SR+ tomorrow and will ask about a LR RWD. Thanks for posting that google doc

Not only does the LR RWD come with the full premium interior, but it is the only car to achieve a range of 325 miles. Both AWD and Performance have a range of 310 miles.

LR RWD is an amazing value at $45,900. It’s the only way to go unless you are going all the way to Performance to get the super fast speed, or you need the extra traction of AWD for snowy/icy road conditions.

• Informative
Reactions: duanra
Wow... That sounds like the move. Time to get on the horn with the sales people.
Do y'all recommend calling into the sales department or just talking to the person who I test drive with?
I guess they can ship cars nationwide so location doesn't much matter, but there are 13 stores in the greater Bay Area to choose from (15 if you count Rocklin and Roseville) so if it varies by location and I dont have to pay docking/destination fee if picking it up then that's optimal.

Wow... That sounds like the move. Time to get on the horn with the sales people.
Do y'all recommend calling into the sales department or just talking to the person who I test drive with?
I guess they can ship cars nationwide so location doesn't much matter, but there are 13 stores in the greater Bay Area to choose from (15 if you count Rocklin and Roseville) so if it varies by location and I dont have to pay docking/destination fee if picking it up then that's optimal.

Calling in, call them all (13 stores) until you found the right guy to talk to, treat this like buying a normal car (not how Tesla portrayed you can order the car online that kind of thing) that's how i think now

The LR RWD comes with Premium Interior. Some added perks over the SR+ include the automatic garage opener, floor mats, unlocked software (internet browser, streaming audio, satellite-view maps with live traffic visualization and navigation), full audio with sub-woofer, unlocked hardware (heated rear seats). The convenience of the internet browser to access online apps such as Tesla Waze is awesome.

There is debates on how the internet package will play out. The FAQ states that the Premium interior includes the Premium Connectivity for one year free. With the Premium Interior there is a chance you may be able to pay the $100/year package at a reduced (or no) cost. With the SR+, you are likely to spend money to get Premium Connectivity.

so if it varies by location and I dont have to pay docking/destination fee if picking it up then that's optimal.
Pretty sure you have to pay that docking fee even if you pick up.

I'm test driving Friday 31st and the chap asked me if I would consider a LR RWD rather than a dual motor - they have some in stock. I just want to know from anyone what their thoughts are on the RWD LR?

Was wondering the same thing. Maybe we should start a new thread?

Basically I can comfortably purchase a SR+ with FSD or a LR without FSD (just the basic autopilot)... But both makes it a little tight. Although still doable.

If you had to choose one of the two options which would you lean towards? Or is this a situation where I should skip a vacation or two and get both?

I'd go range all day. I agree with the thought that you can't buy more range later.

Not only does the LR RWD come with the full premium interior, but it is the only car to achieve a range of 325 miles. Both AWD and Performance have a range of 310 miles.

LR RWD is an amazing value at $45,900. It’s the only way to go unless you are going all the way to Performance to get the super fast speed, or you need the extra traction of AWD for snowy/icy road conditions.
Yeah I'm in total agreement here, the LR RWD is a great value. I paid much more when I got mine (but that doesn't bother me a bit). Having more range is a good thing and it will help when and if you decide to sell in the future.

Thank you all for the input.
Ended up going with the otm LR RWD w/ FSD (black w/ 18” aeros).
Ordered a few hours ago so just snuck in under the cutoff for the 5K supercharging miles. Now to play the waiting game... And hopefully take delivery before 7/1 :0
nice
mind if you can share how much discount you got? is that LR RWD also a new car (not demo/higher mileage) as well? thanks and congrats!

Thank you all for the input.
Ended up going with the otm LR RWD w/ FSD (black w/ 18” aeros).
Ordered a few hours ago so just snuck in under the cutoff for the 5K supercharging miles. Now to play the waiting game... And hopefully take delivery before 7/1 :0

Congrats! I’d guess you’ll have no problem with a 7/1 delivery. If they’re discounting, it’s probably a stock vehicle which would mean available for delivery as soon as this week.

Keep us posted!

nice
mind if you can share how much discount you got? is that LR RWD also a new car (not demo/higher mileage) as well? thanks and congrats!

Still waiting to hear back from my sales guy but he basically said that LR RWD can be ordered new and that there likely wouldn't be a large discount on an inventory one (maybe they've sold all the ones with hundreds of miles on them?).
I put in an order for a new one so that's what Im expecting.
Actually works well bc I need 2-3 weeks to get the financial piece in order so taking delivery at the end of the month, before 7/1, works out.
Will post major updates here as well

After a few confirmation issues (which a few different reps helped me figure out) I now have a delivery date set for 6/17!
Obv I'll be looking over closely upon pick up but pretty sure it's a brand new car so no discount off the otm market price of 45.9 + 6 for FSD