Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ - what accessories are included in the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...and manual?
Pedantic note: there is not a printed manual. You can access it on the center screen. You can also access it online in your account, but it somewhat difficult to find. But a basic Google search always locates it (and is faster than logging into your account and searching for it).
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_3_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf

I did not get a microfiber screen cleaner in my June 2019 SR+.
Same with me on an August 2019 purchase

Mine came with a charger, 120v adapter, and a J1772 adapter.

Things you might want to budget for:
  • Floormats: I went with Tuxmats. Shortly thereafter they began doing OEM ones for Costco (Phantom I think. They're a bit cheaper)
  • Center console wrap: The fingerprints on the piano black get annoying. I got a Kenriko wrap on Amazon for $40ish and it looks OEM.
  • Hard Drive for Dashcam: Samsung T5 is the way to go
  • Wireless Charger: I went with the Taptes off Amazon. This is totally optional.

Can anyone confirm a current list of accessories? I hope to be taking a delivery in the coming weeks and looking to order a few things before hand. I want to make sure I don't order something I don't need.

I believe as of August 2020 what's included is
Mobile charger with 120v adapter
J1772 adapter
Tow hook
Wireless charging for phone
Usb-c ports

I would love some clarification on a few things.
Floor mats - I have seen many posts on this. The posts seem to alude to Tesla taking floor mats out of the standard build. I assume there are floor mats just not good ones?
Screen Protector - First off is this even needed? I have read posts saying they just used the one provided. Does that mean there is already a screen protector on it or we get one to apply?
Phone cables - do we get a phone cable as well and are they the new usb-c style plugs. Also apple and Android? I want to make sure I have a plug to test the ports with when I take delivery.
Adapters - so it only comes with the 120v adapter? Or does it also include the 240v?

Please let me know if there is anything I may have missed.

Quick follow-up forgot to ask about
Homelink - seems to have been removed. Is there a replacement for garage door opening that comes standard? I thought there was something that would utilize wifi that was going to be implemented am I correct in that?

Can anyone confirm a current list of accessories? I hope to be taking a delivery in the coming weeks and looking to order a few things before hand. I want to make sure I don't order something I don't need.

J1772 adapter
Tow hook
Usb-c ports

Floor mats - I have seen many posts on this. The posts seem to alude to Tesla taking floor mats out of the standard build. I assume there are floor mats just not good ones?
Screen Protector - First off is this even needed? I have read posts saying they just used the one provided. Does that mean there is already a screen protector on it or we get one to apply?
Phone cables - do we get a phone cable as well and are they the new usb-c style plugs. Also apple and Android? I want to make sure I have a plug to test the ports with when I take delivery.
Adapters - so it only comes with the 120v adapter? Or does it also include the 240v?

No phone connector. Only the 120V adaptor.

Quick follow-up forgot to ask about
Homelink - seems to have been removed. Is there a replacement for garage door opening that comes standard? I thought there was something that would utilize wifi that was going to be implemented am I correct in that?
Garage door opener is a $300 add on; it is location aware, so it will open and close the garage door automatically (assuming that it works right; some people have reported problems with it).

A number of people have suggested velcroing the garage door opener remote to the back of the LCD monitor.

J1772 adapter
Tow hook
Usb-c ports

What you’ve included in the list of assumed things included is correct.

Regarding the floor mats, you do not get any with the SR+. Not even the carpet floor mats, so I highly suggest ordering those to keep the original carpet in the car clean. They no longer give a NEMA plug adapter with the car. So just the 120V regular outlet. There isn’t a screen protector per say but it does have a film on it like any electronic device such as a new tv or new phone. I’ve heard stories of people saying that the screen protector helps with glare, finger prints and have actually saved their screens from damage. A screen protector’s necessity in my opinion it much like on a phone, I’d always get one. You get no phone cables, however with a build after June 4, 2020 you will get a wireless charging pad which is connected into the USB-C plug which keeps the USB-A free for charging cable or some sort of storage device for the dash cams. If your phone is older and does not wireless charge I would suggest getting a USB Hub for the USB-A. The two rear USB ports are both USB-C like the Model Y. You also do not receive a liner of any sort for your frunk, so I suggest ordering one when you order your floor mats if you’ll be using your frunk at all. There is no home link but that is an addition cost to add in. You also do not get fog lights or rear heated seats as it’s the partial premium interior.

I had all the same questions for my service advisor as I’m still awaiting delivery and funny enough my floor mats, frunk loner and screen protector came to my door midway through typing this post!

Tesla won’t give anything for free. I friggin paid cash for my car and they wouldn’t throw in a $35 240V adapter.
They get their money the same whether you paid cash or they got a wire transfer from a bank on a bank loan.

They no longer give a NEMA plug adapter with the car. So just the 120V regular outlet.

The 120V IS a NEMA connector

Where’s the tow hook? I've never seen one in my car. Thx.

This is what it looks like

Tow Hook.jpg