Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Standard Plus Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both SR and SR+ have:

"Standard maps & navigation"

To get "Live Traffic", you need Mid Range and higher.

I suppose there's a hacker who can figure all this out but would that person come out the closet is another matter.

Real time traffic is still a thing with the SR+. In fact, when I lose cell signal and deviate from the guided route, it will tell me when I’m no longer receiving traffic data. The only thing missing in the SR+ is the red/yellow/green colors on the map. There is also a toggle in the navigation menu to receive traffic data even though it won’t show it in colors.

Thanks for all the insights as to the SR+. We are considering one today before the prices go up tonight. Can someone who has SR+ please post a photo of what the Navigation screen looks like? Just curious how different since none of the Atlanta stores have any in stock. Thanks!

Thanks for the write up, I've got two follow up questions:

1) In another thread here, someone posted a comprehensive list of what all trim levels include/dont - one thing listed as missing from the SR+ was "Ambient Lighting" I assume they mean things like lights in the trunk, footwells, etc....can you confirm whether your SR+ has these?

2) So I've got to ask, since I really haven't seen a comprehensive review...what do you think of the stereo?

In my SR+ there’s no fog light setting or immersive sound options either (v2019.5.15). Also noticed that the fog lights are installed, just no way to turn them on.

Did anyone else notice any other quirks? Few others I found in my SR+

* Only satellite view is available during the day (no option to switch)
* No front trunk mat
* My AP trial that came with the car is actually EAP, with summon & Nav on autopilot included

*You can switch between Day and Night mode under the Display settings...so you can have the satellite view during the night but the entire display is running in day mode so it's brighter.
*I didn't get any mats either...though I did get a chrome rear license plate frame that says 'Model 3' on it
*I got the full AP 30-day trial too (including summon and nav on autopilot)...used it a few times and I can see how it would be awesome for long road trips. I found that on my daily commute I didn't like AP since it doesn't dodge road imperfections (e.g. potholes)...so I would switch off auto-steering and leave the auto-cruise control on. I wish they offered a cheaper "base AP" option that only has the auto cruise-control feature...I don't need auto-park, summon, auto-steering or nav on AP. I did find the basic safety features a nice bonus (blind spot warning, auto-braking, etc.)

Last edited:

1) In another thread here, someone posted a comprehensive list of what all trim levels include/dont - one thing listed as missing from the SR+ was "Ambient Lighting" I assume they mean things like lights in the trunk, footwells, etc....can you confirm whether your SR+ has these?

2) So I've got to ask, since I really haven't seen a comprehensive review...what do you think of the stereo?

In my SR+ there are dome lights, lighting in the center console and ambient lighting in the trunk (can't recall whether the frunk has any lights)...perhaps the Premium Interior includes extra lighting on top of this?

I'm not an audiophile but the audio sounds good - clear at high volumes with decent high/low range...not thumping bass though because there's no subwoofer.

Honestly the biggest miss is no Homelink...yes I understand that they're saving a few hundred in hardware, but c'mon it's a $40k car. I'm almost used to popping my glovebox in the driveway to get to my 90's garage door clicker. :]

Thanks for all the insights as to the SR+. We are considering one today before the prices go up tonight. Can someone who has SR+ please post a photo of what the Navigation screen looks like? Just curious how different since none of the Atlanta stores have any in stock. Thanks!

Per the post above - the navigation screen looks exactly like that of a LR/P3D except no colors showing the traffic (navigation does use traffic to find the best route though). I also confirmed that under the Display settings you can switch between Day, Night and Auto modes...Day = satellite view, Night = roads only view, Auto = switches the view automatically depending on time of day.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Hopefully the lack of fog lights is just a software issue (like the first production heated back seats). It does seem like the software team wasn't completely ready for the SR and SR+.

I went outside just now to check on something and now my SR+ has the fog lights setting and I confirmed it works!! :) I called Tesla Support a few days ago asking why I had no fog light option and the person told me my VIN was not showing that fog lights were physically installed and that I should open a ticket via my online account portal. I went to my online account and created a Tesla support ticket and they just closed it a few hours ago...so for those with SR+ that don't have the fog lights option, you may want to follow this process so that they know to update your VIN and/or software settings. Also - I did not download any software update between the time I opened the ticket and the time that the fog light option showed up, so I'm not sure how they updated my car's settings/software.

• Informative
Reactions: J-Ho
I went outside just now to check on something and now my SR+ has the fog lights setting and I confirmed it works!! :) I called Tesla Support a few days ago asking why I had no fog light option and the person told me my VIN was not showing that fog lights were physically installed and that I should open a ticket via my online account portal. I went to my online account and created a Tesla support ticket and they just closed it a few hours ago...so for those with SR+ that don't have the fog lights option, you may want to follow this process so that they know to update your VIN and/or software settings. Also - I did not download any software update between the time I opened the ticket and the time that the fog light option showed up, so I'm not sure how they updated my car's settings/software.
Tesla magic

Tesla incompetence?

• Disagree
Reactions: voip-ninja

Confirmed that the frunk, trunk and all four doors have ambient lighting (in addition to the four dome lights)...no footwell lights.

Reactions: Big-T
In my SR+ there are dome lights, lighting in the center console and ambient lighting in the trunk (can't recall whether the frunk has any lights)...perhaps the Premium Interior includes extra lighting on top of this?

I'm not an audiophile but the audio sounds good - clear at high volumes with decent high/low range...not thumping bass though because there's no subwoofer.

Honestly the biggest miss is no Homelink...yes I understand that they're saving a few hundred in hardware, but c'mon it's a $40k car. I'm almost used to popping my glovebox in the driveway to get to my 90's garage door clicker. :]

We just ordered my wife a $42,000 Mini Countryman (pretty much completely loaded) and it only has homelink if you custom order it with a $250 option for a better rear view mirror that has the compass built into the mirror and the homelink buttons.

This isn't about the $$ these manufacturers save on the parts (which are likely more about $50 than "hundreds") it's about trying to get someone to step up into the more profitable trim or model.

In the case of the Countryman they are hoping that if you really want that stuff you will just step up to the BMW X1/X2/X3.

It is theoretically possible that someone is going to jailbreak their model 3 in order to turn this stuff on, and 100% likely that they will be stuck on that software version forever as Tesla will patch that vulnerability when the next FW update rolls out.

I was thinking Tesla will turn it on in the future for new sales as demand falls and they need to keep sales going. Same for the speakers that seem to be turned off. End of quarter demand drivers will get more interesting as incentives continue to fall.

I was thinking Tesla will turn it on in the future for new sales as demand falls and they need to keep sales going. Same for the speakers that seem to be turned off. End of quarter demand drivers will get more interesting as incentives continue to fall.

We already discussed this in the Bimmerfest forum under one of your other pseudonyms, no Tesla is not going to pay you to take the car off their hands.

The ONLY thing I'll anticipate missing on the SR+ (Coming soon... to my garage), is the void of built-in Homelink. All of the other features missing on the "Partial Premium" interior, I think can get over. I may get bored, and devise a center console mod for it. (Hope someone beats me to it.)

Reactions: Big-T