Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Standard Range (Canada) Range: 150km

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If looking at other electric cars that are RWD in 2019
Tesla 3 SR Canada $44999 150km range
BMW i3 $44950 172km range

Chevy Bolt FWD $44800 383km range
Nissan Leaf + FWD $44280 363km range
VW eGolf . FWD $36720 201km range

So in the under $45000 price range , only FWD electric cars has good range.
Prefer the feel and handling of RWD any day, so giving range is compromise I willing to do

I am type of guy just to get out for cruise/drive just to relax and how the car feels, handles is important to me

Dan

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
I am type of guy just to get out for cruise/drive just to relax and how the car feels, handles is important to me

Dan

An excellent reason to spend the money on more range. I’ve doubled my annual mileage since getting the Model 3 because I love driving it so much. With 150 km you won’t even be able to make it from Supercharger to Supercharger in the winter. That’s a lot of money to spend on something that can’t take trips.

Reactions: pcons
+1 On risk. Even if you can do a paid upgrade you are still upgrading to an SR (presumably), and the upgrade (if it ever exists) ends up being to the SR+ you'll likely end up paying more in the long run.

It never makes sense to me when people think about buying the 150 kilometre version and thinking that they can upgrade in the future. You're going to have to pay for it one way or another, so may as well pay for it all up front. You're either going to end up with a car that you can't upgrade, or an upgrade that's going to cost more than you think it will.

I could be wrong, that's just my two cents. But there's no way that buying 150 km Sr and then adding an upgrade will end up being cheaper then buying the SR or possibly even the SR+.

But there's no way that buying 150 km Sr and then adding an upgrade will end up being cheaper then buying the SR or possibly even the SR+.

This exact scenario is playing out in the US right now. SR is $35,000 while the SR+ is $38,990, so a pre-delivery difference of $3,990. Upgrade price on the SR to the SR+ is $4,500. So there's a $510 "post-delivery" penalty on the upgrade.

They do exist. One showed up as a used car up for sale at some Mercedes dealer in Kelowna of all places.

I'd love to see some pictures of the range displays for these cars. Honestly, with all the Tesla stuff on social media and YouTube, I'm surprised there is no physical evidence of these cars existing if they're really out in the wild.

....and interesting also to see what the asking price was and if it sold? I wonder if it was someone who bought it and did one of these :p:p:p:

• Funny
Reactions: willow_hiller