Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Standard Range (Canada) Range: 150km

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's rated range so same as battery capacity. That is to say 150km in summer and less in winter.

Thats interesting, if I hear you right then why didn't Tesla give a Kw rating (thus mileage dependant on weather etc) instead of the 150Km (93 miles) range, implying guaranteed 150km whatever the weather/conditions? Curious?

And what would the kW be for 150km based on official figures? 386km range standard, 150km of 386km is roughly 39%, battery capacity is 75kW (so 29kW capacity) or 62kW capacity (thus 24kW), this is just off the top of my head more accurate numbers maybe needed but this is roughly right?

Actually it is percentage of charge capped. (Or at least that is how Tesla has always done it.) It would be capped to charging to ~39% of actual battery capacity.

So as the battery degrades you will lose available range just like every other Tesla.

Thanks.

So in theory if capped to 39% charge in very good weather and Granny driving you could exceed 150km range? Broadly correct??

It's rated range so same as battery capacity. That is to say 150km in summer and less in winter.

Thats interesting, if I hear you right then why didn't Tesla give a Kw rating (thus mileage dependant on weather etc) instead of the 150Km (93 miles) range, implying guaranteed 150km whatever the weather/conditions? Curious?

And what would the kW be for 150km based on official figures? 386km range standard, 150km of 386km is roughly 39%, battery capacity is 75kW (so 29kW capacity) or 62kW capacity (thus 24kW), this is just off the top of my head more accurate numbers maybe needed but this is roughly right?

Tesla's moving away from advertising models with battery sizes. So no more s60, p85d etc. Now it's just long range, standard range etc.

Tesla no longer markets models with the kWh rating of the battery. As far as the range that is reported when new based on the EPA testing standard. There is no guarantee that you can ever get that on any Tesla. And they all degrade over time. (General degradation is expected to be 5% the first year and then 1% per year after that.)

And yes the SR- is based on the SR+ that comes with a ~62kWh battery. So the SR- allows about 24 kWh of battery capacity when new.

Yep. Just like someone drove a LR RWD Model 3, rated for 310 miles, over 600 miles by driving slowly on flat ground in good weather.

Thanks, be cool to hear/read of anyone with this unicorn 150km version has indeed exceeded 150km in actual range.

My S75 AP1 RWD (now sold to move here from Europe) had 225miles range normally, but on a really sunny day and cruising behind trucks etc driving really conservatively managed, once mind, 301 miles which I was totally stoked with, at the time :)

Once upon a time in GTA )

39321939032_25a298c85b_c.jpg

Reactions: Big Earl and bijan
I’m not sure I understand under what circumstanes the SR- 150 km car would be sold. Can someone please explain this? Why would someone buy one of these. For example. Is the SR+ not a sellable car in BC with eligibility for full federal and provincial rebates?

Thanks.

So in theory if capped to 39% charge in very good weather and Granny driving you could exceed 150km range? Broadly correct??

Tesla's moving away from advertising models with battery sizes. So no more s60, p85d etc. Now it's just long range, standard range etc.

Yeah, I don't think Tesla will do well marketing the SR- as the "Model 3 24S, but really should be 62S, but we needed to qualify for the Canadian incentive" :D

• Funny
Reactions: bijan
I’m not sure I understand under what circumstanes the SR- 150 km car would be sold. Can someone please explain this? Why would someone buy one of these. For example. Is the SR+ not a sellable car in BC with eligibility for full federal and provincial rebates?

Yes Sr+ is eligible. Sr- 150km costs less. Some people are willing to make that trade off.

Edit: as to why it exists in the first place the incentive program requires a model to be available under 45k for any other trim under 55k to also be eligible as long as the 45k version has at least 15kwh battery. So Tesla made this crippled version for the Sr+ to qualify.

Read back a few pages and some purchasers have posted why. Basically it meets their needs and gets them into a tesla 10k + tax less. To each their own. Personally, I would not spend that much on such a limited range.

Last edited:
Yes Sr+ is eligible. Sr- 150km costs less. Some people are willing to make that trade off.

How much less. That’s a huge drop in range. Like more than half.
Read back a few pages and some purchasers have posted why. Basically it meets their needs and gets them into a tesla 12k + tax less. To each their own. Personally, I would not spend that much on such a limited range.

Is it upgradeable later? I’ll go look back.