Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Standard Range (Canada) Range: 150km

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All Canadian cars still have the premium trial. No idea when that expires as Tesla hasn’t figured out the price for Canadians.
so bare with me it’s a new car and learning. So what I’m noticing is if I’m an “efficient” driver let’s call it then I get 150km charge but got 168km of range real World. If I race to red lights, heat music suck lots of power. Then next time I go to charge the range was cut to 142km on charge. So I’m really not sure how this range calculation is done. So maybe it is a percentage of battery usuals?? My car is in a heated garage so not seeing issues on temperature as of yet as I do short trips and back to the garage...
Hi, I know this is an old thread but any luck with a possible upgrade now that the SR- model is gone?

It's been said before: That model was offered because it was the only way to make the SR+ eligible for some of the government incentives. The base model had to be under 45k, and with options the eligible cars needed to be maximum 10k more, something like that. It was never meant to be sold, it was a shady tactic. Selling one was a loss for Tesla I'm sure. I am almost certain that it is locked and impossible to upgrade because of that Government program...

Reactions: cdswm3 and Vawlkus
It's been said before: That model was offered because it was the only way to make the SR+ eligible for some of the government incentives. The base model had to be under 45k, and with options the eligible cars needed to be maximum 10k more, something like that. It was never meant to be sold, it was a shady tactic. Selling one was a loss for Tesla I'm sure. I am almost certain that it is locked and impossible to upgrade because of that Government program...
Thanks. I understand the why but I’m sure they knew some people would end up ordering it which I’m sure would be close to a loss for them at the time.
I don’t think it would be the government.
But who knows other then Tesla. Seems like spite if you ask me lol!

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3
The 150km model 3 was a complete waste of resources and I'm even thinking the pre heat pump (+only 384km) SR+'s are too, given how piss poor they perform in even slightly cool temperatures. If Tesla ever allows me to transfer my FSD license or at least gives me a full refund, considering they have yet to deliver anything, I'll be swapping out to the LR.

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3
The 150km model 3 was a complete waste of resources and I'm even thinking the pre heat pump (+only 384km) SR+'s are too, given how piss poor they perform in even slightly cool temperatures. If Tesla ever allows me to transfer my FSD license or at least gives me a full refund, considering they have yet to deliver anything, I'll be swapping out to the LR.
Not to mention my current 2018 Honda Accord has better audio then the SR+ which they are now selling for $59k! Crazy.

From electrek website regarding the software lock.
Update: some people in the comments are making a nonsensical mistake that is being consistently upvoted for some weird reason. Let’s squash it now. The reason Tesla is not offering a software upgrade for range is not based on the law.”

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3 and GtiMart
I know this thread have been inactive for a while since the Model 3 basic range (150kms) is no longer being sold in Canada. I'm thinking about possibly getting a used 2021 Model 3 basic range. It would be a second car in the family and if we ever need to travel out of the city, we would use our ICE SUV (since we would need the extra room anyways on road trips). So we don't mind the limited range, but we are concerned about the possible lack of options. I've gone through this thread and it seems some members have stated that the Model 3 basic range SR- has some options disabled. Can any owners of the SR- basic range confirm that the vehicle has no front heated seats (disabled by Tesla) and no heated steering wheel? I've also seen on this thread that some owners say there is no fog lights, less audio speakers and no auto pilot for this model. I don't mind these options being disabled but I do need the heated front seats and heated steering wheel. Can any current owners of this model comment on whether they do indeed have heated front seats and a heated steering wheel? If that has been disabled, is there an option to purchase it on the app as I know Tesla does offer owners the ability to purchase and unlock certain features through the app. I know some owners have stated a few years ago that these options were all disabled by Tesla for this model, but I'm wondering if newer updates have changed this or will allow owners to purchase these options. Thanks.

I know this thread have been inactive for a while since the Model 3 basic range (150kms) is no longer being sold in Canada. I'm thinking about possibly getting a used 2021 Model 3 basic range. It would be a second car in the family and if we ever need to travel out of the city, we would use our ICE SUV (since we would need the extra room anyways on road trips). So we don't mind the limited range, but we are concerned about the possible lack of options. I've gone through this thread and it seems some members have stated that the Model 3 basic range SR- has some options disabled. Can any owners of the SR- basic range confirm that the vehicle has no front heated seats (disabled by Tesla) and no heated steering wheel? I've also seen on this thread that some owners say there is no fog lights, less audio speakers and no auto pilot for this model. I don't mind these options being disabled but I do need the heated front seats and heated steering wheel. Can any current owners of this model comment on whether they do indeed have heated front seats and a heated steering wheel? If that has been disabled, is there an option to purchase it on the app as I know Tesla does offer owners the ability to purchase and unlock certain features through the app. I know some owners have stated a few years ago that these options were all disabled by Tesla for this model, but I'm wondering if newer updates have changed this or will allow owners to purchase these options. Thanks.
I don’t think the sr- had heated steering wheel.

I don’t think the sr- had heated steering wheel.

Heated steering wheel wasn't even added to the full premium interior until Nov 2021. So probably not available on the SR-.

For @psteps , I think it's just limited in the same way the Partial Premium interior was in the US: no heated rear seats, no fog lights, fewer interior flood lights, fewer speakers. Should still have heated front seats.