Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Standard Range + Canadian Winter

Standard range + with Autopilot or Long range no Autopilot

• SR+

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • LR

Votes: 16 64.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all.

I am a Canadian and was wondering if you could put minds together and help me with this question.

My concern is How would a -25 to -30 degree c weather would affect the battery and performance of the car. Would the car be heated enough from charger through a 240v charger while outside ? How about the range ? I don’t do road trips in the winter and I anywhere I need to go is within a 40km radius. Also anyone know how long the Model 3 will last me ? It’s a big investment and my parents are skeptics ?

Any information is appreciated ! Thank you in advance.

240V charger isn't really enough information. You need to know the current available, since the battery/cabin heater will take a bunch of the power.

Will you survive a 40km roundtrip drive with an SR+ even partially charged.... yes.

But keep in mind, you can always add AP later, with a few clicks even.

Hello all.

I am a Canadian and was wondering if you could put minds together and help me with this question.

My concern is How would a -25 to -30 degree c weather would affect the battery and performance of the car. Would the car be heated enough from charger through a 240v charger while outside ? How about the range ? I don’t do road trips in the winter and I anywhere I need to go is within a 40km radius. Also anyone know how long the Model 3 will last me ? It’s a big investment and my parents are skeptics ?

Any information is appreciated ! Thank you in advance.
SR 350km range vs. 80km travel. Degradation to 320km, -30c worst case 45 pct range hit, plenty of range. Btw you will get over 400 km in summer. My vote is SR unless you have the money to burn. AP is fantastic.

I really can't get people's obsession with autopilot. I've gotten to try it on a friend's car, and it's interesting. I meant even go as far as "neat". But to get that instead of range? No way.
The difference between models is 51,000 for SR+ and 60,000 for long range. Id like to stay in the 50's so if im going to i might as well add AP in with the loan rather than paying more for it after delivery