Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Standard range Plus question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my SR+ for a year now and was initially disappointed with the actual range of 190 miles with the way I drive (~70mph). To compound it there’s the 80-20% SOC non-trip guideline to extend the life of the battery. Even with these limitations, the SR+ still ended up being the right car for me. I live in the SF Bay Area and so far I haven’t had to supercharge. For me, the ideal daily range for the SR+ is about 120 miles and for a LR is 170. So if your daily use is above 100 miles (on a single charge), the LR may be better suited. Some may say this is not accurate, but for me this is realistic. Imagine getting less than half the rated range(daily), even on the LR. In the end it becomes more of personal choice rather than necessity for most, like the quicker acceleration or the premium stereo. For longer trips, I would recommend watching some of Tesla Bjorns recent long range tests, where the still SR+ stacks up quite well even with EVs with bigger batteries. In order to get anywhere quickly, efficiency, charging curve, and charging network are key. You simply don’t charge to 100% every time to achieve the best time.

Reactions: Dommmm