Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 "Starting Summon Before Exiting the Vehicle", does it work in Australia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So according to page 95 of the owners manual (link provided from my Tesla Account page) we are able to:

Starting Summon Before Exiting the Vehicle
To start a Summon parking sequence before exiting Model 3:
1. On the touchscreen, ensure that Require Continuous Press is disabled (touch Controls > Autopilot > Summon > Require Continuous Press > NO).
2. Close all doors and trunks. 3. With Model
3 powered on and the Park gear engaged, double press the Park button on the gear stalk. The touchscreen displays a popup window.
4. On the touchscreen, choose the direction of travel.
5. Exit Model 3 and close the driver's door. Summon now moves Model 3 according to the direction you specified on the touchscreen.

I tried the above steps in my AU Model 3 on 2019.36.2.2 and absolutely nothing happened =( anyone have success with this? Or perhaps US only feature?

I think this is would be a genuinely useful feature, you can get out of the car and have the it move forward or backward into a tight spot automatically.

I did a more thorough search and I see a lot of posts from people outside of Australia with the same issue. So it seems even though this is in the Model 3 owner's manual it doesn't actually work =(

Everyone please submit bug reports (tweet Elon?) so we can get this enabled!

Everyone please submit bug reports (tweet Elon?) so we can get this enabled!

I tried this tonight and it is not working for me either, may need to file a bug report.

Just putting this out there ... bug reports are only for "flagging" MCU issues ... they're not for AP issues ... they're not monitored ... they go nowhere ... If you report an MCU issue, you have to contact Tesla to get them to search the cars logs ... If it's an AP issue, contact Tesla and let them know ... If you have any doubts about this info ... ask verygreen.