Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Stealth Hitches for bike racks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for options on stealth (not visible when receiver is removed) hitches that work with the model 3.

So far I have found stealth hitches and eco hitches.

The eco hitch is about $130 cheaper and looks decent.

Needs to have 2" receiver, opinions / suggestions welcomed?

I installed the eco hitch on my 19 M3 LR AWD and am very happy with it.
Lucked out in that the 19 the access hole is already there with removable cover for the receiver hitch, so no cutting the lower plastic cover.
It is a doable DIY project but some previous mechanical experience comes in handy.
The product is well made and fully out of sight when the reciever is not installed.

Only downsides are that you are carrying around an extra 50 lbs (weight of eco hitch)
And when bikes are on the hitch mounted carrier the car is warning you of being to close to object behind.

Eco hitch wth bikes and roof rack with cargo box combo should be a range killer for this summer trip

I installed the eco hitch on my 19 M3 LR AWD and am very happy with it.
Lucked out in that the 19 the access hole is already there with removable cover for the receiver hitch, so no cutting the lower plastic cover.
It is a doable DIY project but some previous mechanical experience comes in handy.
The product is well made and fully out of sight when the reciever is not installed.

Only downsides are that you are carrying around an extra 50 lbs (weight of eco hitch)
And when bikes are on the hitch mounted carrier the car is warning you of being to close to object behind.

Eco hitch wth bikes and roof rack with cargo box combo should be a range killer for this summer trip

The Eco hitch involves a bolt right, so you need a wrench to remove the receiver part?
When the bikes are mounted is the warning audible or just an ! on the screen?

Can I ask you hitch masters a question. I want a hitch for bikes on a Model 3 and I notice under the car there is a door that can be unscrewed that I think has an area for a hitch that people in Europe can utilize with the tesla hitch that is sold there. Does anyone know if we in the US can use that with a hitch? or anything about that?

I had a horrible time re-installing the bumper and ended up taking it to a local Tesla certified body shop to re-install for me. Just couldn't make it happen for some reason. The other mechanical stuff was straight up easy IMHO. Get a legit torque wrench though