TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model 3 stereo system automatically turns itself on at full volume

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Benjamin Brooks, Feb 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Benjamin Brooks

So we've had our Model 3 for about 6 weeks, and about once a week without fail, the stereo system completely loses its brains.
    Usually we've had the car parked in the garage for awhile and, out of the blue, start hearing loud sounds and vibrations coming from the car.

Go to the car and it's locked (mirrors folded in)... but the center console is lit, strange.
    Open and get in, try to turn down or mute the volume... it will just keep turning itself back up to max!!
    Only way to fix - reboot the center console.

Called Tesla customer service to complain that is keeps occurring... and apparently they're getting increasing field reports of this and "engineering is investigating". They did not push a new firmware to our car, however. Bummer. Hope they fix this soon. If it continues I expect the sounds system to blow out a speaker or something :mad:

• Informative x 1
  2. powertoold

powertoold Member

Did you try to turn off BT on your phone? What's the source of the music, the built-in streaming or BT?

3. Benjamin Brooks

The source of the music is either the radio or internet streaming from the center console itself. We don’t turn our phones’ BT off because we use them with a bunch of other home BT devices.

4. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Not ideal, but I guess you could power the car off completely every time you are home. I bet that will keep the radio from phantom turning on and blasting. :p

• Funny x 2
  5. Big Dog

Big Dog Member

trying to reach out to Starman and the Roadster? :D

• Funny x 2
  6. Airhawker

Airhawker Member

Same here. For the past few weeks. I had it yesterday and same thing happened at my office 3 times. Turn off your BT connected to the Model 3. Be aware, you'll need your key card to drive. Or turn your BT back onbefore driving. Tesla is aware of the problem and say it will be fixed in a future update. Hopefully sooner than later!

• Informative x 1
  7. pcpro

pcpro Member

I've seen other posts about this being caused by phantom touches to the screen along the right side.
    One way to test this is to go to the Paint screen (or whatever it's called) and let it sit there. If you eventually see drawings on it, then you have phantom touches, and as far as I know, the way to fix it is by replacing the entire screen.
    Just an observation from other forums that you may want to check. I'm in no way an expert.

• Helpful x 1
  8. Benjamin Brooks

Hmmm... good experiment to try. Thanks!