Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model 3 still not transferred to our account after 2 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We purchased our model 3 through my cousin's account because our order had not come up yet and his did, but he wasn't ready to order. We put our credit card in his account in order to make the deposit. We picked up the vehicle on Feb 15 & it still hasn't been transferred to our own tesla account. I have gotten the specific instructions from tesla support on how to request the process and at least 2 dozen emails have gone back & forth between me and their "help" staff. In each case, i am requesting they complete the transfer, and they respond they don't know when they will be able to. Therefore, i must leave my credit card info in my cousin's account so that if i need to go to a supercharger, i can. He had 2 model 3's on order and his second one is now ready for ordering and he will order. This means either i leave my credit card info in his account and he reimburse me for his deposit and supercharging, or my cc info comes out & his goes in and i reimburse him for my supercharging. Really? I don't understand how difficult it can be to transfer the vehicle from one account to another...a few key strokes, maybe? But, tesla's responses (and lack of responses) represents the worse customer service i have ever experience. They either don't respond at all to my email requests to transfer or they respond that they are working on it but don't know when it will be done. And it has been more than 2 months. And, yes, we have been given directions on what info to provide and where to send it and have done that. Any suggestions on something else we can try?

• Love
Reactions: Pkmmte
It is ridiculous. in fact, i have said that very thing in some of my emails. sometimes i get no response, sometimes i am told they are working on it. and, each time the response is from someone different. what do you mean by "executive escalation"?
There is a support field under the car in the online web account. It has two options - regular support & executive escalation.

From the sounds of things around here, executive escalation is typically “I don’t have new firmware after waiting 2 weeks”.

But your issue does sounds like it could use some escalation help.

Good luck!

Edit - as an other option. Rename his account to you and yours to him?

ok, thanks. since the vehicle is not in our account, we don't have any way of doing that. my cousin could probably do that and i will mention it to him. however, even he called someone at tesla and was told "we are working on transfers and have no idea how long they will take". my latest tactic is that i talked with my neighbor (who works for tesla and designed the suspension for the 3). even he is at a loss, but will try to talk with someone about it. thanks for your idea. have a good one

There is a support field under the car in the online web account. It has two options - regular support & executive escalation.

From the sounds of things around here, executive escalation is typically “I don’t have new firmware after waiting 2 weeks”.

But your issue does sounds like it could use some escalation help.

Good luck!

Edit - as an other option. Rename his account to you and yours to him?
Yep, this really needs executive attention. There is a drop down for ‘support’ and ‘this needs executive escalation’ as was said. Sometimes it does nothing, sometimes it actually gets to the special team it was meant for!

Here is what it looks like. Have to scroll down on the page for the car

2533D78D-B31E-4C53-9E3E-DA111C8B4266.png

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
ok. will look into that idea. cannot rename accounts since he already owns an s which is in his account, and the second model 3, which is in his account. he really needs his cars in his account and i need mine in mine. i just don't get why it doesn't simply require a few keystrokes.

just to update......i logged into my cousin's account to try what was suggested about requesting escalated help in resolving the transfer issue. his account shows 3 vehicles-- his s, my 3 and his additional 3. when i click "manage" on my 3 the screen that appears does not include any options for support. to verify, i clicked on "manage" for his s and the screen described for requesting support appears. so, for some reason, even he can't request support for my 3, only for his s. i am not surprised that recently the BBB gave tesla a rating of F in the area of customer response/support.

ok. will look into that idea. cannot rename accounts since he already owns an s which is in his account, and the second model 3, which is in his account. he really needs his cars in his account and i need mine in mine. i just don't get why it doesn't simply require a few keystrokes.
Many of these things are ‘simply’ a matter of finding the right person on the other end. Jon was great for this. Now Jon has been replaced with, um, Elon. :rolleyes:

So I escalated.

The backlog is a combination of the currently manual process they have to go through for Model 3 (different system than S and X), along with the fact that only a few people are authorized to make the change (for obvious security reasons). They're catching up & things will smooth out as soon as possible (meaning they are putting more resources into this).

Hang in there!

So I escalated.

The backlog is a combination of the currently manual process they have to go through for Model 3 (different system than S and X), along with the fact that only a few people are authorized to make the change (for obvious security reasons). They're catching up & things will smooth out as soon as possible (meaning they are putting more resources into this).

Hang in there!
thanks. i am trying to hang in, but it is getting a little frustrating.

So I escalated.

Hang in there!
Wow! It's nice to know the right people. Did they say 'as soon as possible' means a week? A month? Three months possibly, six months definitely?

Wow! It's nice to know the right people. Did they say 'as soon as possible' means a week? A month? Three months possibly, six months definitely?
They're hesitant to give a definitive date. I would hazard a guess that things will likely be caught up in the next few weeks - and when the tool gets released for internal use will be immaterial, since we should no longer be seeing a delay (human or tool-assisted). :)

On Friday, I was speaking with my DS about this issue (since I saw it was widespread) and he said that they recently (i.e., Thursday night) rolled out some software to allow DS' to help make this change. Not sure how accurate, but he said it was a new development.