Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 suddenly lost EAP Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dstiles47

Apr 28, 2019
MA
Bought my M3 back in April of 2019. Was told that EAP came with my vehicle. Have had all ESP features up until today. They were totally gone. Chatted with support and they kept insisting I never had it and I only have basic.

If they did an audit of your account and you did not at time of purchase pay the additional $5K EAP cost back then, then you didn’t ever buy it. The forum has had a few other people say something similar. And what we’ll ask is what is showing on your MVPA? If you did pay for it at time of delivery as evidenced by your documents, then have Tesla review your purchase documents. If not, it somehow was turned on in error all this time and you never were suppose to have it and the audit picked it up and removed it and you got to enjoy it for free for a period of time.

Here’s my purchase of it back on 6/26/18.
B8C5DD8E-7E9F-4161-A220-C0BCB4CFDADA.jpeg

It is surprising how many owner’s we’ve seen apparently didn’t read their agreement before delivery and ask questions before signing their contract documents. Not sure if you’re in that category or not but the answer about the EAP is there.

Last edited:
Bought my M3 back in April of 2019. Was told that EAP came with my vehicle. Have had all ESP features up until today. They were totally gone. Chatted with support and they kept insisting I never had it and I only have basic.
Mine lost cruise control completely today, haven’t gone back out since coming home to try again but curious..

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
Purchased new from Tesla?
Tesla does has an integratory problem.

Here's my experience with promised EAP: Salesman gives me EAP, 6 months later, Tesla takes it away via OTA
From what I can tell, lots of car salespeople have integrity problems. That's why many contracts have all sorts of places to check, initial, sign. And they all state that they override anything verbal.

This OP never said " I Purchased it". This OP says " I was told it...." One of a few things in my opinion:

1. OP purchased new tesla, tesla salesperson told OP "it comes with autopilot" because this OP purchased around the cutover time, and OP thought it had "enhanced autopilot.

2.Op purchased car used

3. OP really did purchase "Enhanced autopilot" and has a mvpa that shows that, but tesla is mistaken.

Point 3 is possible, but unlikely. Since OP says "I was told" the question is, by who and was car purchased directly from tesla?

OP could have purchased car used private party, and the features were there... but never paid for by the original purchaser for example. If this OP actually paid for "enhanced autopilot" brand new, from tesla, then this is fairly easy to argue with tesla about. Not likely the case though. OP, where is the rest of this story, since you shared the bare bones of why you feel taken advantage of?

I think we all know how this is likely going to end.

Which is to say, if it isn’t on paper it might as well not exist. This is why I always ask for invoices, even yesterday after my HW3 upgrade. Or before when I had my roof replaced (bad alignment). And I saved hard copies of my EAP and FSD upgrade invoices.

If/when I sell vehicles I have receipts for everything that occurred during my ownership, no matter how small, and they are part of the sale. Amazed how many people say just to trash them.

Obviously there are some Tesla sales people that are poorly trained, a bit shady, or even worse, both. The same as with legacy car dealers. Throw on top of that HQ not doing pre-delivery adjustments of features to what was actually purchased, and stuff like this happens.

Reactions: jjrandorin
This OP never said " I Purchased it". This OP says " I was told it...." One of a few things in my opinion:

1. OP purchased new tesla, tesla salesperson told OP "it comes with autopilot" because this OP purchased around the cutover time, and OP thought it had "enhanced autopilot.

2.Op purchased car used

3. OP really did purchase "Enhanced autopilot" and has a mvpa that shows that, but tesla is mistaken.

Point 3 is possible, but unlikely. Since OP says "I was told" the question is, by who and was car purchased directly from tesla?

OP could have purchased car used private party, and the features were there... but never paid for by the original purchaser for example. If this OP actually paid for "enhanced autopilot" brand new, from tesla, then this is fairly easy to argue with tesla about. Not likely the case though. OP, where is the rest of this story, since you shared the bare bones of why you feel taken advantage of?

Yes it was purchased new from tesla. I was told by my salesperson that my car had EAP because it was already on the lot. I didn't order through the website.

Reactions: hcdavis3
s told that EAP came with my vehicle. Have had all ESP features up until today. They were totally gone. Chatted with support and they kept insisting I never had it and I only have basic.
I don't care what My purchase agreement shows. I was told it was part of my purchase and I had it up until Feb 23rd. See the proof for yourself.
Hmmm, it looks like you did not purchase the "Empty Trash" option that goes with it :D
I hope you get it back if you purchased EAP.

I don't care what My purchase agreement shows. I was told it was part of my purchase and I had it up until Feb 23rd. See the proof for yourself.

Wrong.. sorry thats now how purchase agreements work. What you were told is what "doesnt matter". What matters is whats on your purchase agreement. Either it shows Enhance autopilot (with a cost, or without) or it doesnt. It it doesnt, it does not matter in the slightest "what you were told" or "what you thought you heard".

This part of car sales has not changed.

Edit: Also, I didnt click the video, because whatever it contains it is irrelevant to your situation. Whats on the document is all that matters, period.

I agree, but with a caveat.

If he can show that he indeed paid for it, but it's not on the MVPA (i.e. a cancelled check) - then maybe he has a case.

But I'm willing to bet-a-buck that whatever dollar amount is on the MVPA, is also what's on the check.

Thats true, but he bought an inventory car, apparently. The inventory car should have a motor vehicle purchase agreement that states what is included with the car. I am betting this document does not include a line item for EAP. If it did include enhanced autopilot, this would be a fairly simple case for this OP. But, since its not simple, we know it doesnt. The car just had it active for some reason, not on the document.

This is the flip side of "OTA connectivity" for cars. If the car was not a connected one, whatever it was sold with would be what it has, for better and / or for worse. In a "connected" future, "mistakes" can (and will) be corrected.

If one buys a physical book, that later is determined should not have been published for some reason and is recalled, the people who purchased it do not have people show up at their door in black suits, demanding for the book to be returned. The "lucky" purchasers just got a collectors item.

Back when I collected VHS tapes, I once had a copy of "the little mermaid" that had the "phallic symbol" in the spires on the cover.
Can't Be Unseen - What Has Been Seen Can't Be Unseen Pictures - Can't Be Unseen

These were recalled, but people have them (I still have mine in a box somewhere). No one showed up to take it from me. If this was a digital purchase, the "online cover" WOULD have been replaced with an approved one, with or without consent by me.

As someone else said up thread, this is something people who buy these cars have to accept. The car as its delivered WILL change, it will NOT remain static, and one should have proof of any and all items purchased to go with it. Like the other poster said, I have my MVPA printed, I have a copy of my monroney sticker (I made tesla print me one on delivery), I have a printed physical copy of the FSD add on I purchased, and a physical copy of each time I have taken my car in for service. I do NOT depend on their "electronic copies" to store it for me. I have physical copies, and my OWN electronic copies stored on my local NAS (network attached storage, which I am sure most know the acronym of, but...).

I dont think this OP has much to stand on because if it was on the MVPA OP would say so... so now we are just in the "shaming" phase, of "the car salesperson told me something that turned out not to be true". Not much surprise to anyone who has been around for a bit. In tesla's case its normally ineptitude, and not malfeasance / outright fraud, but its not surprising. OP likely knew they didnt pay for it, but expected to have it "because its there now".

I am still unclear on how a NEW car purchased FROM TESLA itself would have EAP on it and not have it on the invoice, but this is not the first person to report this "error" has been corrected.

I am still unclear on how a NEW car purchased FROM TESLA itself would have EAP on it and not have it on the invoice, but this is not the first person to report this "error" has been corrected.

Tesla used to do free EAP trials... more than a few folks have reported that it lasted longer than the stated trial length though (and some that it ended early) so that'd be the best guess of why a car sold without EAP would have it enabled for a while.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin