Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 tail chrome bar

Chrome bar in the rear. Would it look better?

• Yes, it would look better and miss it.

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • No, the chrome bar kills the design. Better as is.

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • I think Tesla will implement chrome bar in AWD or Performance Model 3 to differentiate.

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many of you guys think that Model 3 would look better with the chrome bar between the tailights like Model S & X?

I don't know what you call it but it is the one that look like a samurai sword on S & X. A lot of cars have them lately such as BMW 7 series, Lexus ES & GS, Mercedes S, E classes etc...

IMHO, I somehow feel Model 3 looks a little too austere without it on the rear.

What do you guys think?

upload_2018-1-20_17-47-32.jpeg
vs
images

On the Model S the chrome bar carries across into clear areas on the tail lights. On the Model 3, the red border of the tail light drops down on the inboard end, separating the clear tail light area from the rear sheetmetal. An appropriate integrated design for a chrome bar would require a change to the tail lights as well. But it all looks fine already - I don't think it's at all needed.

I did predict the chrome would be unpopular but not by a landslide. :)
It is true that Model S has the bar pierce through the taillight but they could place the thin bar below where it folds.

Toyota Camry 2012 had the chrome for XLE to differentiate SE or LE. Sure Toyota is very different company but we will see how it unfolds when DM and P models are introduced.