TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Tesla Car Cover

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by F.R.I.D.A.Y, Jul 19, 2018.

1. F.R.I.D.A.Y

F.R.I.D.A.Y New Member

hi all!
    Wondering if anyone has experince/pictures of the original car cover from Tesla for the Model 3. Thinking of getting it for paint and “dent” protection. Wanting to buy one but wondering if it’s worth the $350!

Thanks!

2. chibi_kurochan

I second this question, wondering about the same thing too.

3. North75

North75 Member

I ordered one a few weeks ago, but no sign of it yet. I also ordered the fix a flat kit at the same time and that shipped out in a couple of days.
    I’m hoping I get it soon as I need something in mid August. I’m heading up to the woods on vacation and will be parking under a bunch of pine trees.

4. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

Heh, good luck. Hopefully you get it quickly but I wouldn’t count on it. The Tesla online store is a complete joke. Delayed shipments, no order history and absolutely NO communication. What kind of online store doesn’t even have an 800 number?? I could run a better online store out of my garage...

5. CreamSoduh

CreamSoduh Member

I just ordered the evannex custom model 3 version. I had the model s version and it was awesome. Only 189.99

• Informative x 1
  6. chibi_kurochan

Good to know!

might not be as "pretty" but looks like it'll be more reliable (delivery status and online store wise) and much cheaper than Tesla's

7. Tocunvt

Tocunvt Member

Any update on this? I also ordered the outdoor 3 cover and found out it was on a crazy back-order with no delivery in sight. (I only found this out bc I emailed the online store support team and got a response after a few days).

8. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

Did they say how long of a delay (eg a couple weeks vs 2-3 months)?

9. Tocunvt

Tocunvt Member

They said “the target date for shipping is in the next couple of weeks”....and we all know how that trend has been going.

10. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

I’ve read with these covers it’s really easy to scratch the car.

11. rexian

rexian Member

Do you mean the cover itself scratches it? Or that inside of the cover has some roughness that can scratch with little bit of pressure?

12. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

If there’s any dirt on the car or the inside of the cover then when you put it on or take it off you can end up rubbing it on the paint and causing scratches. Same thing if you don’t tighten it properly and the wind causes it to flap.

13. rexian

rexian Member

Thanks! I am guessing this would be the case with every other car unless M3 is known to have poor quality paint.

14. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

That's true, I don't think anything about it is specific to Tesla or the Model 3. I just did a lot of research on how to protect my Model 3 for the couple days a week the it will be parked outside and came to the conclusion that except for hail I would probably end up doing more damage than good.