Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Model 3 Test Drive Review Roundup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla delivered the first batch of Model 3s yesterday and many lucky industry watchers had the opportunity to take a test drive. Below is a roundup of (mostly glowing) first impressions.

Tesla Model 3 First Drive: This Is the Car That Elon Musk Promised – “I felt like I was driving in an Eames chair. That was my first impression as I climbed into the driver’s seat of the Tesla Model 3 at the Fremont Factory on Friday afternoon.” (The Verge)

Tesla Model 3 First Drive Review – “What’s blanching, though, is the car’s ride and handling. If anybody was expecting a typical boring electric sedan here, nope. The ride is Alfa Giulia (maybe even Quadrifoglio)–firm, and quickly, I’m carving Stunt Road like a Sochi Olympics giant slalomer, micrometering my swipes at the apexes.” (Motor Trend)

A closer look at Tesla Model 3’s spartan interior – “It’s stunningly austere, with a smooth strip of wood across the dashboard that looks like it was carved straight out of a bamboo stalk; zero instrumentation behind the steering wheel; no vents; and none of the usual interior handles. The glovebox is opened via virtual button on the display, and you exit the car by pushing on a small button on the door. Like the Model S, there isn’t any place to insert a key.” (The Verge)

I test drove the Tesla Model 3 — and this car could change the world – “The car is unlike any I’ve ever driven. It’s beautifully designed, with a clean, simple and minimalist interior. It’s also decked out with many of the features that Tesla has come to be known for, including autonomous technology, a top safety rating and the ability to accelerate to high speeds in a matter of seconds. Put simply, it’s a vehicle you feel like you need to be in.” (Mic)

Here’s what it’s like to drive the Tesla Model 3 – “It’s hard to stress how much of a step up this will be for most drivers in terms of pure driving experience: It’s basically apples to oranges. So much so that based on that brief trial alone, it’s likely my next vehicle purchase.” (TechCrunch)

Tesla Model 3 first drive experience: a smaller Model S with a minimalist look – “Tesla’s app will take an increasingly more important role and the Model 3 will be Bluetooth connected to your phone in order to automatically unlock the doors as you approach. If your phone is dead or you don’t have it on you for whatever reason, Tesla provides a keycard with a NFC chip. You just have to swipe on the B pillar and it will unlock the doors.” (Electrek)

I just drove the Tesla Model 3 and it changes everything — the entire world will want this car – “I’ve driven all Tesla’s vehicles, from the original Roadster to the flagship Model S P1 00D. They’ve all impressed. But the Model 3 is something else.” (Business Insider)

We get our first drive in Tesla’s electric Model 3 – “So where are the compromises? If the Model S and X scream high-tech science experiment, Model 3 whispers it.” (USA Today)

Tesla Model 3 Test Drive: Car Has Bite and Simple Interior – “A first peek inside Tesla Inc.’s new Model 3 compact car revealed a starker, cozier interior than the more spacious and luxurious Model S. But as the sedan sped off, the experience felt similar.” (Wall Street Journal)

Last edited by a moderator: