Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tint (pictures?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, anyone here can share their tint of their model 3? I want to stay in the legal limit for my area so I want 70% front doors, 30-50% for rear doors and 30-50% for rear window.

Anyone have this exact setup? I’d love to see photos. I can’t find examples online of people doing 70% front and darker in the back.

I'm in Mississauga and went 80% all around. It's not very dark. I think if you went lighter than 70 you would be disappointed. I can see right through my car tint at 80%. I don't think you will have any trouble with the law.

Attachments

• PXL_20201220_144723635.jpg
    PXL_20201220_144723635.jpg
    884.4 KB · Views: 7,839
Reactions: Vio1x
You can see the white picket fence through the tint. I used a company called Sekanskin. They put a plastic wrap on the front end and did the tint as well. Check out their website, very high-end cars. Pricing might have been a little high but Ryan is very easygoing and will take care of your needs.

upload_2021-2-12_10-40-33.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-12_10-39-57.png
    upload_2021-2-12_10-39-57.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 5,351
Reactions: Vio1x and TBrownTX
Looks great. I thought 80% would be lighter. Could you show more photos of you have?

Also who did you have put it on?

I would caution you to look at some photos of the tint you want in direct light. The 80% tint in the overcast weather above looks like my 20% on a sunny day. Additionally, the tint you want on your 3 is going to look a lot lighter than on other cars because the glass roof lets in a lot of sunlight.

Lastly, if you can justify the cost, I would recommend ceramic tint. It cuts out A LOT more UV (glare and heat) than traditional tint. I have XPEL Prime XR on my car and would absolutely recommend it to everyone.

Reactions: Mark57
I would have thought 'clear' would be closer to zero. However, I could be wrong
In the tint world, the % expressed/shown indicates the amount of light that will pass through.
So, a 80% tint allows 80% of the light to pass through and is thus considered a very light tint.
A 5% tint allows only 5% of the light to pass through, so this would be an extremely dark tint.

• Informative
Reactions: TBrownTX and Mark57
OP: Is the legal limit in Toronto really 70% for the front windows? That is extremely light... some would consider that almost zero tint at all. Here in Virginia (which is generally viewed as a conservative state), the legal limit for the front side windows is 50%. For the rear side and back windows, it is 35%.

I think it is unlikely anyone on this forum will have 70% tint on their front side windows for you to view/compare. Most are doing 30-35%. Here’s mine with 35% all around including top glass (no tint on the windshield). Sheesh... don’t call the Man on me for breaking the law... it’s our secret ;)

A6A643A0-F559-42A1-95EB-FBB43DC34E85.jpeg

815FB6ED-CC5D-4663-B7CB-47DA1B5AEC3A.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi, anyone here can share their tint of their model 3? I want to stay in the legal limit for my area so I want 70% front doors, 30-50% for rear doors and 30-50% for rear window.

Anyone have this exact setup? I’d love to see photos. I can’t find examples online of people doing 70% front and darker in the back.

one thing to keep in mind is that if you have white interior even a dark tint cant seem quite light.

Something I might add is that I find that mismatching tints can sometimes look a bit odd. I.e. I have 35% in front, 20% in back and with hindsight i would have preferred just 35% and 35%. Particularly with the white interior untinted looks quite good.

aaaaaa8.jpg

The tint really only looks dark when its dark outside compared to a car with black interior. Front is 35%, rear 20%.
Ironically there is definite difference noted when you look at the rear which looks a lot darker, almost like the seats are dirty in the back. I find the mismatch not very good looking...

If you have the white interior I'd just go 70% all around.

Here is a picture with it being cloudy. looks much darker.

ttttttttttt-c5ca77b3fe8c.jpg

Thanks everyone for sharing. Two local guys are installing two different films. Any opinions on these:

1) sunteck ceramic
2) sky premium ceramic

you can read this if you want too
3M Crystalline vs PINNACLE vs Suntek CIR vs LLumar CTX vs Wincos Tint

I live in Los Angeles, so it gets hot and sunny here most of the days and tint laws here are fairly strict, but cops dont bother you too much for it unless you want to be an example. I put 80 in front windshield (happy), 30 on side windows (happy) and 5 (limo tint) on back and top (not happy, too dark at night). This is one of those things, if where you drive and the time you drive it sunny, dont cheappen out on tint. just spend extra Candians and get yourself top tier. Difference between low cost $400 dyed tint vs $1,000 for top tier ceramic is a lot, but worth it relative to price of the car and the use you get out of it.

Reactions: xdms