Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

Model 3 Tint pricing

Hello all, new to the forum and brand new owner of a Model 3, 2021, long range.

My question is, I was just quoted for tint, this is for all windows including the windshield:

DUB-IR = $2,100
Expel = $1,900
CXP = $1,700

This seems outrageous to me. I know Tesla's take a little more work and care to apply tint, but really? I had my F250 extended cab tinted for $500 a few years back.

I live in Southern California.

I am actively pursuing other quotes but would like to get a consensus from everyone as I'm hearing the windshield is tricky.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

thwang1585

Sep 21, 2021
Riverside
I received some quotes around the Inland empire area and they are up there as well. I got a quote using yelp and found a full ceramic for $549 including the windshield. I might go with that since they have a good rating and the price seems inline with what I had in mind. 3M Ceramic IR series.

TheDriveway

Local Vendor - NorCal
Feb 24, 2020
San Jose, CA
I received some quotes around the Inland empire area and they are up there as well. I got a quote using yelp and found a full ceramic for $549 including the windshield. I might go with that since they have a good rating and the price seems inline with what I had in mind. 3M Ceramic IR series.
That is a great price! We're also using the 3M Ceramic all windows for our Model 3, it gives a slight blue hue to the windows and rejects heat fairly well.

Wow, best i could fine for XPel XR Prime Plus was under 1k...job was ok. I had my Prime done in Crystalline a few years back and was 400 just for that...

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC