Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tint Thread

xdmanalo

Feb 28, 2018
USA
Llumar CTX
50% front
30% from B pillar back...including single piece rear glass.

Sorry, only pic I have so far. Looks lighter when in full sunlight.

Attachments

• IMG_20180606_212429.jpg
    IMG_20180606_212429.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 3,974
Last edited:

jlawzy

Jul 10, 2018
Austin, TX
Llumar CTX
50% front

My llumar tint guy told me that the CTX didn't come in 60 inch rolls so he can't do the rear in one piece in CTX but can do it in one piece in the cheaper ATX. I've went to him for years on all my cars and he is an honest and very good tinter too!

Terthen

May 9, 2016
San Diego
Llumar CTX
50% front

How is the 30% in the top of rear windshield? Does it make it really dark compared to factory tint above driver? I’m trying to decide between 35% in rear and 50%. Thanks!

xdmanalo

Feb 28, 2018
USA
How is the 30% in the top of rear windshield? Does it make it really dark compared to factory tint above driver? I’m trying to decide between 35% in rear and 50%. Thanks!

Personally, no issues with it being too dark. Noticeable, but would not say high contrast between stock tint above driver and top of rear glass.

Depending on what you're going for, I would say 50% on rear glass is too light.

Reactions: Terthen

ebmcs03

Dec 22, 2017
So Cal
My llumar tint guy told me that the CTX didn't come in 60 inch rolls so he can't do the rear in one piece in CTX but can do it in one piece in the cheaper ATX. I've went to him for years on all my cars and he is an honest and very good tinter too!
Lies. I got it. My installer ordered a 20 feet roll to do mine in one piece

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC