Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tint Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
97BFB808-A639-46C0-8F00-1472E07ADAE9.jpeg

Spectra Photosync 35 all the way around and nothing on the windshield. Work done by Tim at Adonis Detail in North County San Diego.

Reactions: Leeclanual
@dennishegstad What did you go with for the chrome delete? That looks like it matches perfectly! I just set up my appointment to get my tint done (15% all the way around) on Feb 1 and I'm going to have the chrome delete done as well.

As I'm typing this, I'm just realizing I didn't ask him about doing the top of the windshield

View attachment 368923
i did ceramic tint, 10% all the way around and 70% on windshield.

It does not (it's installed on the inside anyway)

Im very aware tint is installed on the inside...
The roof "glows" due to the UV/IR between the glass/ on the inside due to the reflection it makes with the water and the sunlight. Ive seen this same effect online on side windows and heard it is from crystalline but the owner never responded. Do you have 3m Crystalline installed on your model 3? Im asking for solid confirmation from someone who actually has it installed on their personal car one way or the other.

Attachments

• 3mtint.jpg
    3mtint.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 406
This orange effect has nothing to do with the type of tint on the car. The laminate glass in the windshield, roof and rear window have a pigment in them. When water beads up on the outside, it amplifies the color. with lighter tint shades on the side windows, that illusion can be amplified from certain angles. This visual illusion is typically only seen from the outside and not noticed at all from the inside of the car.

Mercedes S class sedans have a similar effect with a blue/purple color.

SunTek Ceramic Tint, (Lifetime warranty)
5% On the Top & all back windows (2 pieces, seem on the defrost line, looks perfect)
50% On the Driver/Passenger
70% Front windshield

Weather here in Auburn, CA is VERY hot in the summers, 90 to 100+ and this has made a HUGE difference.

Expensive install at $750 for everything, but wow, what a difference. Seeing out the rear window is perfectly fine, no issues - even at night, Also helps with people's headlights.

20190719_084338.jpg
20190718_121351.jpg

SunTek Ceramic Tint, (Lifetime warranty)
5% On the Top & all back windows (2 pieces, seem on the defrost line, looks perfect)
50% On the Driver/Passenger
70% Front windshield

Weather here in Auburn, CA is VERY hot in the summers, 90 to 100+ and this has made a HUGE difference.

Expensive install at $750 for everything, but wow, what a difference. Seeing out the rear window is perfectly fine, no issues - even at night, Also helps with people's headlights.

View attachment 440980 View attachment 440982

$750 is an expensive install? Lol no. People are being charged at least that for the side windows and back windows only. I paid $610 for mine and that was the cheapest reputable shop I could find. If I added windshield and sunroof it would have been $1000

Reactions: DWdrum