Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tint Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to a different shop and getting a 2nd opinion because mine seems a little excessive, but I'll find out for sure Friday

they either dragged the tint on your interior or didnt do a good job cleaning.

If the shop cant do the rear 1 piece please find another shop. A more experience tinter can only do the rear.

take a picture of your CHROME trimming before you drop off the car. (tinters have to trick your windows to activate up, they might accidentally close your windows and hit the chrome piece.) ive seen this done many times!

been doing it 10. years this way and 5% is only way to go for me every time. you get used to the low night time visibility and learn to roll your windows down when parallel parking to see curbs, and when turning left/right at busy intersections.

Attachments

• IMG_0363.jpeg
    IMG_0363.jpeg
    317.4 KB · Views: 1,285
  • IMG_0364.jpeg
    IMG_0364.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 1,213
  • IMG_0365.jpeg
    IMG_0365.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 1,185
  • IMG_0366.jpeg
    IMG_0366.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 1,182
  • IMG_0362.jpeg
    IMG_0362.jpeg
    273.3 KB · Views: 1,192
been doing it 10. years this way and 5% is only way to go for me every time. you get used to the low night time visibility and learn to roll your windows down when parallel parking to see curbs, and when turning left/right at busy intersections.

This remind me of my teen days, I was at 15% front and limo back. I Love the darkness. But now a days my eyes are not like back then anymore and I need to see if cop is behind me lol.

This remind me of my teen days, I was at 15% front and limo back. I Love the darkness. But now a days my eyes are not like back then anymore and I need to see if cop is behind me lol.

haha. it is indeed dark. but it works for me atm. only thing that's annoying is the look of the rear window from the inside when it's super bright, just the fade/color switch is pretty harsh. luckily no one looks and also it provides great visibility
IMG_0372.jpeg

View attachment 363693

Wow! You must have been the inspiration of my wheel setup.

Haha! That's funny. I actually got my inspiration from another car on this forum! :) I love the look! Only thing that's different about our setup is that I dropped mine 1" with the TSportline springs. And you have the red brake calipers, which I'm liking a lot! Did you have yours painted? Let me know. Thanks!