Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tint Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
15% LLumar all around no windshield

IpdXih9.jpg

bV9zdDH.jpg

Should have got 30% ideally
Love your wrap! Do you mind sharing what it is (color & brand)? Thanks!

15% LLumar all around no windshield

IpdXih9.jpg

bV9zdDH.jpg

Should have got 30% ideally

I had the exact same - 20% Lumar all the way around. I'm happy with it other than interior reflections I'm getting from the driver side window. The white dash, white passenger seat and my face all reflect clearly on the window. Do you notice this? I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the type and darkness of the tint.

Love your wrap! Do you mind sharing what it is (color & brand)? Thanks!

Little late. Thanks!

s-l1600.jpg

That looks so much lighter than 15%! The white interior really lightens things up....

Only when direct light is shining through the windshield. For the most part it is pretty dark. I do regret getting 15%. Wish I would have got 30%.

I had the exact same - 20% Lumar all the way around. I'm happy with it other than interior reflections I'm getting from the driver side window. The white dash, white passenger seat and my face all reflect clearly on the window. Do you notice this? I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the type and darkness of the tint.

Ya, I have to say I do notice this now that my window is dark. I had no tint for a few months and never had the glare/reflection issue from the dash in the driver side mirror.

The glare wouldn't be so bad if the tint was lighter for sure. But I just deal with it. Don't feel like getting it re-tinted atm

• Love
Reactions: EVNation
been doing it 10. years this way and 5% is only way to go for me every time. you get used to the low night time visibility and learn to roll your windows down when parallel parking to see curbs, and when turning left/right at busy intersections.

any trouble with the cops?

I'm going to get 15% front 5% back since it looked good on another car and could hardly tell the difference, but I'm not so sure on a Model 3 because of the sun roof.

I just dont want people to see inside. lol

WINDOW_TINT.JPG

I got my 1-piece Suntek CXP back window tint a couple of months ago. Right off the bat I noticed some hazing as circled in red, and I misinterpreted it as air gaps that I thought would dissipate over time. However, it was still there to this day so I contacted the detailer who did my tint and was told I can get it replaced for free, but it's possible the rear defrosters could lift with the tint and be damaged, and if so, it won't be covered.

I got an opinion from another detail shop and was told this was a distortion in the tint when it was heated. He said most of the 1-piece rear tint he did on Model 3's had some form of distortion or another due to the shape of the back window, and he said tearing off the old could also damage the defrosters.

Any of you guys with a 1-piece rear tint can confirm if you have some form of distortion? I just want to get confirmation to have a better ease of mind.

View attachment 564402
Any of you guys with a 1-piece rear tint can confirm if you have some form of distortion? I just want to get confirmation to have a better ease of mind.

I have a one piece, done about 2 months ago. I'm not seeing any sort of distortion. A very clean install for me. I have SunTek Premium on mine. I see you're in San Diego. I went with Ace Window Tinting in Escondido, as they did a previous car for me, and have done many Teslas.

View attachment 564402

I got my 1-piece Suntek CXP back window tint a couple of months ago. Right off the bat I noticed some hazing as circled in red, and I misinterpreted it as air gaps that I thought would dissipate over time. However, it was still there to this day so I contacted the detailer who did my tint and was told I can get it replaced for free, but it's possible the rear defrosters could lift with the tint and be damaged, and if so, it won't be covered.

I got an opinion from another detail shop and was told this was a distortion in the tint when it was heated. He said most of the 1-piece rear tint he did on Model 3's had some form of distortion or another due to the shape of the back window, and he said tearing off the old could also damage the defrosters.

I notice this on my rear one piece tint on my 2018 model 3 if the sun hits it the right way. It bothers me but not enough to do anything about it.

Reactions: 6thDAY
I notice this on my rear one piece tint on my 2018 model 3 if the sun hits it the right way. It bothers me but not enough to do anything about it.

Yah I don't see it if it's not sunny, but still, on one point I hate paying for sloppy work and it's difficult to unsee especially if you're looking in your rear-view mirror all the time, but on the other, there's a risk of damaging the defroster. I'm so conflicted...ugh!

Just dropped my car off yesterday evening to get tint (XPEL XR Plus), PPF and ceramic coat done on my 2020 Model 3. Should have it back next Monday! Will post pics when I get it back.

For tint, we decided on 70% windshield and 35% side windows. Decided to not tint the sunroof or back window, although I might change my mind later on.

View attachment 564402

I have the same 1-piece Suntek but in CIR rear window tint and have no issues with the hazing or distortion. Had it done almost 1 1/2 years ago and have no issues especially with the heat in Socal. I'll try to take pics of it when I'm out.

I might be a bad install tbh but I'm not certain.

Reactions: 6thDAY