Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tint Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have more angles of the front? I'm planning to do a light tint on all the side windows and leaving the front/back as is. Deciding between 40 or 50% Suntek CIR.
Suntek CIR 20% rear, 40% front. I have bad eyes and drive at night so I can't have it too dark. $260 installed in SF Bay Area.

170610718.D9Fi7p1r.jpg

I recently got my car tinted, Llumar IRX 30/20/70/70 sides/rear/top/front. It needs to go back next week as I requested one-piece rear and they did two, and the seam line is very noticeable. Also it seems like they did 20 on the rears. A few areas of bubbles which they say will clear up, and what looks like a hairline trapped which may need to be redone.

Of a higher concern is what looks like stains on the center stoplight from water used during tinting. I cannot get into this area to clean at all and doing research, it looks like you have to take apart the entire rear upholstery and trim to access that area. Tint guy says it’s condensation and will clear up but I’ll review with him during the appt next week. Doesn’t seem like this has been a huge issue for others? Has anyone run into this at all?
F07294D9-A639-4937-B440-B8DB809B8FD5.jpeg
839FF5BB-136B-4181-9DCB-13253A707679.jpeg

A few areas of bubbles which they say will clear up, and what looks like a hairline trapped which may need to be redone.
It sounds like you got a sub-par installer. If there are bubbles, it means the installation is incorrect. The bubbles will probably (visibly) disappear, but they are still there and will show themselves again when the installation starts to fail in a couple of years. We've all seen the older tint job with the large bubbles: that's what you'll have prematurely.

Any recommendations for tints in the Boston area? Whats the approximate cost for tinting 35% on 4 side windows and back, and 6" of windshield?

Also for smoky or slight tinting of headlights/taillights
Kind of late, but anyone in Massachusetts should see Paulo at South Shore Tint & Paint Protection. The guy is a perfectionist, and he did my car.

Front PPF, Ceramic, and 35% tint sides and rear.

IMG_9787.JPG