TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Tinting in SATX

Discussion in 'Texas' started by flyinghawaiian, Mar 20, 2018.

1. flyinghawaiian

Anyone in SATX have any recommendations to tint their Model 3s? I know the rear window is a little difficult because of the size. I'm not sure if there's any installers here that can do it.

2. Premier Mobile

Premier Mobile Former Vendor

Here's a list of Authorized Dealers for Spectra PhotoSync and CeraLuxe:

Dealer Locator | Prestige

Not sure who can do it in your area, but most tint installers will have difficulty doing it.

• Informative x 1
  3. flyinghawaiian

Thanks. I just put in an estimate requests on the website for a local dealer who installs photo sync

4. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

Concours Auto Salon, let them know we sent you.

• Like x 1
  5. MarkinArch

MarkinArch 1st S.A.TX Non Owner TM3 Delivery

Good info. How long does it typically take to do a PPF and window tint job?

6. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Please let us know what they’re quoting for Photosync on the Model 3.

7. flyinghawaiian

I never got a reply. I've asked for a quote from another installer of photo sync, and they haven't replied either after a week. I guess they don't need any business.

I decided i'm going to have Xpel do PPF and their tint. They quoted me $360ish or so for the tint if I did it with the PPF. I asked them about the large rear window, and they said they can do it in one piece.

8. flyinghawaiian

XPEL HQ said it would take 1.5 days since they can't do them concurrently, only one at a time.

• Helpful x 1
  9. flyinghawaiian

Just had the Xpel San Antonio guys finish installing tint and PPF. They did a great job. I wasn't sure of their tint since there weren't many reviews on it, but I thought it looked great. Seems to do a great job keeping out the heat. I was really concerned about whether they can do the rear window with one film. They actually had a conference call with me and their VP explaining that they would have no issues doing it, however, when I arrived at my appointment, the installer said he couldn't do it and could only do it to the tint line. I told him, that's not what they told me and after going to the back, he came back saying they can get a special sized tint to do the rear. They did a fantastic job.

The Xpel XR tint seems to be great. Good enough where I'm going to bring my wife's model X in and have them tint the front windows. I was planning on doing photo sync again like on our S, but I find the Xpel XR a better value and can hardly tell the difference.