Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got quoted $800 for a full ceramic tint for all windows apart from the windshield (the back window being done in one large sheet).

I can kind of understand why it'd be so much seeing as it's ceramic tint, and Tesla's being different from the norm in terms of application. But I didn't expect it to be THAT much, is this a normal price or are these guys charging an absurd amount? This is in Queensland.

I just got quoted $800 for a full ceramic tint for all windows apart from the windshield (the back window being done in one large sheet).

I can kind of understand why it'd be so much seeing as it's ceramic tint, and Tesla's being different from the norm in terms of application. But I didn't expect it to be THAT much, is this a normal price or are these guys charging an absurd amount? This is in Queensland.
Yes the rear window is very difficult in a 3 to tint, however I paid $500 which is around what the going rate is. Shop around, find a shop that's done M3s before.

Comparing before and after window tinting, from your experience, would you say it made a big difference to the cabin temperature when the car was parked?
My M3 can be like an oven on hot days, and that's even with COP kicking in at 40ºC.
What level of tinting did you have installed?
Even with tinting, sitting in the sun it'll still bake and get up to temperature. My experience that the tinting helps the a/c get the temperature down quicker and stay there.

That said, this is an article well worth reading to help you make up your mind: air conditioning – Tesla Owners Club Western Australia

Reactions: David Sowden
Tint Haus. I’m just getting the car tomorrow and getting it done Tuesday. They have 5 stars on google so I hope they are good
Yes I used back in Aug, they good people to deal with. Got the full ceramic and tinting package and still really happy with the result. Rear window tint looks good helps with the heat and have had no issues. The window above the driver I put the black mesh part of the sunshade I bought helps. But yeah as other ppl said turning on the air cond 5 min before you get into the car does the trick. Ceramic coating makes washing the car much easier. Enjoy your M3.

Reactions: Maximillan
Their website says they put the window tinting on the **outside** of the car window. (Car Window Tinting | Ceramic Window Tint - Sydney & Gosford). Is that really what they did with yours?

And the ceramic coating… holding up well? Truly doesn't need redoing with lifetime warranty?
Tinting's on the inside. Ceramic coating still fine but I've only had car since Aug, car nice and shiny after I give it a wash. I had ceramic coating on my previous car (not via these guys) and it lasted several years and was within my expectations give our weather. Besides as a car gets older you get less worried about these things.

Tinting's on the inside. Ceramic coating still fine but I've only had car since Aug, car nice and shiny after I give it a wash. I had ceramic coating on my previous car (not via these guys) and it lasted several years and was within my expectations give our weather. Besides as a car gets older you get less worried about these things.
Just got the car from tint haus. I dropped of around 8:30 and picked up at 4:30. I got the 35% VLT all around. I wanted the 50% VLT initially but they did not have enough stock. So if you really want the 50%, you should tell them in advance so they can order it. Similar to your experience. But the 35% turned out ok. Not as dark as I was thought it would be. I can't comment on the ceramic coating, I haven't had the need to wash the car yet. There was another white M3 there too

If anyone is looking in Perth, just had my M3 ceramic tinted (including full roof and clear windscreen) by Dentless in Wangara.

Did a great job and also do a heap of Teslas. There was another M3 and Y when I was there. As others have said, some tinters won't touch the roof so best to do some research and find someone that has done it before.

Driving around last weekend with no tint and 39 degree sunny day made me realise how much heat comes in through all the glass. Hopefully the tinting knocks out some of that.