Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Tips for dog owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
KE4XDPO.png

I'm curious if anybody has had problems with their dog scratching the door panel at all? I take delivery in a week and I have a hammock, but the exposed doors have me a bit worried.

Also I recently got some door covers from Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M6V2QFB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Cm1bBbBE0SNWY
I’m happy with them so far and you can roll the windows up and down without them getting dislodged (window anchors sold separately).

;)

I'm really curious to see if my dogs fit into the back seat.
Probably only one at a time though - I've got a Mastiff and a Great Dane :cool:

Not sure how I missed this thread, but I've got the same question. Does anyone have a large/giant breed dog and how well do they fit and get in to the model 3? We have a Newfoundland and my biggest concern is if the back doors will open wide enough to let him get in, or are we going to need to wait for the Y with a hatch?

Not sure how I missed this thread, but I've got the same question. Does anyone have a large/giant breed dog and how well do they fit and get in to the model 3? We have a Newfoundland and my biggest concern is if the back doors will open wide enough to let him get in, or are we going to need to wait for the Y with a hatch?

I doubt you’ll have an issue with him getting in through the rear doors. My Lab is no where near Newfie sized but he’s still pretty big at 90 pounds. He has no issues at all getting in and out of the back. And he always shares the back seat with his 45 pound Catahoula sister (who is usually right on top of him). So if a 90 pound dog and a 45 pound dog can fit in the backseat of my 3 comfortably (with room to spare for an adult human as well) I think a ~150 pound Newfie should be ok.

Reactions: dsvick
I bought this car seat cover (saw someone on reddit post a video with their dog + the cover).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076PL6ZD7

On another note, it looks like they dropped the price by $13 since I bought it lol. I'd definitely say its worth it now for sure. I originally paid $40.

It has velcro openings to access the seatbelt (although it's a little off center from where the model 3 seat belt buckles are but manageable. I mainly got it because it has a mesh vent so the doggo can keep cool and still see us at the same time. It has side flaps that have a zipper to make it like a wall / box setup for the dog and somewhat protect your windows.

Our dog is small (14lbs). Have to mention that I think this brand's materials are a bit thinner than other pics of car seat covers I've seen others post here. I don't need thick padding since it's a small dog so there's that to take note of too.

Proof on product price drop.. if only I can reimbursed but Amazon removed that long ago.
UPSKY Dog Car Seat Cover Luxury Pet Seat Cover with Mesh Window, Side Flap, 4 straps, 600D Heavy Duty Waterproof Scratch Proof Nonslip Pet Seat Cover Hammock for Cars SUVs and Trucks (B076PL6ZD7)

Attachments

• IMG_20180524_175735.jpg
    IMG_20180524_175735.jpg
    484.5 KB · Views: 268