Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 tire performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've heard the Model X tires have foam inside them to reduce noise. Tire noise becomes dominant when the rest of the car is so quiet. TireRack has ratings on performance parameters if you know what kind of tires are typically installed, and you can compare them to other tires of the same size and speed rating.

Latest M3 tires on 18" wheels are Michelin Primacy MXM-4 "Green". 235/45 R 18 TireRack has a video review of them compared to similar tires from other manufacturers. The test cars they used were BMWs. The Michelins did very well.

Latest M3 tires on 18" wheels are Michelin Primacy MXM-4 "Green". 235/45 R 18 TireRack has a video review of them compared to similar tires from other manufacturers. The test cars they used were BMWs. The Michelins did very well.

That's actually a really great tire. I hope they make it to production. Michelin is a premium manufacturer IMO. The Hankook tire rumour died down a long time ago and have not been seen on any RC's.

How do you know its the 235/45? All photos I've ever seen its too blurry to tell.

Photos from the Burbank service center had a good tire shot
Model 3 RC sightings

silver-tesla-model-3-burbank-service-center-3.jpg

Looks like the Primacy MXM-4's (tread wear: 500) might be the more conservative option for the Model 3 considering it's the 18" wheel. It's far from a street tire that would be considered good for performance. Considering that Tesla puts Continental Contisportcontact 5P (tread wear: 280) on the Model S 100D & P100D, there'll probably be a different tire for the 19" wheels. It probably won't be as aggressive as a summer time UHP tire like the Contisportcontact 5P. My guess is that it'll be some kind of HP all season tire.

Looks like the Primacy MXM-4's (tread wear: 500) might be the more conservative option for the Model 3 considering it's the 18" wheel. It's far from a street tire that would be considered good for performance. Considering that Tesla puts Continental Contisportcontact 5P (tread wear: 280) on the Model S 100D & P100D, there'll probably be a different tire for the 19" wheels. It probably won't be as aggressive as a summer time UHP tire like the Contisportcontact 5P. My guess is that it'll be some kind of HP all season tire.

Here's a closeup shot of the 19's from a few weeks ago:
GjS9Vu10jSxuNQQ2m8O6NYOQu01hMnohPqx7_61KgirgLlBDxYnyrI_NEHRa4d6uQq5LEWDHAnJVoemoaxbwIfg3V6wejriAkMGLpKClmrV4Th3BL_6SGgWibKnHqQ1peUr2vAM=w1450-h1088-no