Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tire Recommendation - 19 inch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,

Does anyone have a good Tire Recommendation for the Model 3 - 19 inch wheels?

My main priority is a less noisy and comfortable ride - all weather tires (need to handle east coast roads). I find current OEM tires to be a bit noisy at higher speeds.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I bought the Continental (Conti) Extreme All Seasons in 19" along with different rims as my winter set up. I had always had good success with Conti's on previous BMW's, I'm not real fanatical about road noise so for me they are good but ymmv.
PXL_20220212_135620605.jpg

what do you think about Nokians?

Although it's a different tire and application, I had some Nokian Rotiiva ATs on a very heavy SUV and they were great - much quieter and more comfortable than the Yokohamas they replaced. I wouldn't hesitate to use all-season Nokians on a car next time I'm in the market.

For what it's worth, and because as consumers we get to make choices based on a variety of factors, the Nokians I had were made in Russia.

Thanks guys! what do you think about Nokians? I read somewhere their tires are offers good comfort and all weather perfromance.

View attachment 778908

I have the larger version of these on our Model X. Will be the next tire on our Model 3 as well.

I currently have the QuietTracks on my model 3 — no complaints with the tires, but I plan to go back down to 18” wheels at some point, and the QT’s aren’t available in XL rating for 18”.

Long way to say - today I’m using the QuietTrack 19s and like them quite a bit. But when I go back to 18s, I’ll move to the Nokians. Also a great quality tire.

Both of them are excellent choices, and better than the OEMs.

I have the larger version of these on our Model X. Will be the next tire on our Model 3 as well.

I currently have the QuietTracks on my model 3 — no complaints with the tires, but I plan to go back down to 18” wheels at some point, and the QT’s aren’t available in XL rating for 18”.

Long way to say - today I’m using the QuietTrack 19s and like them quite a bit. But when I go back to 18s, I’ll move to the Nokians. Also a great quality tire.

Both of them are excellent choices, and better than the OEMs.

dumb question as I'm not an expert at this, but you can't put 18 inch XL tire on 19 in the rim, can you? current OEM tires look nice but it is too thin for my liking and not sure there is a way to add more rubber without swapping out rims to 18 inches. I wish would have gone with 18 inch for better ride comfort. :(

dumb question as I'm not an expert at this, but you can't put 18 inch XL tire on 19 in the rim, can you? current OEM tires look nice but it is too thin for my liking and not sure there is a way to add more rubber without swapping out rims to 18 inches. I wish would have gone with 18 inch for better ride comfort. :(

You're spot on right. I neglected to mention that I'm planning to go back to the 18" wheels. I love the look of the 19s, but not the low profile. Since I sold my original 18"-ers, I might go with T-Sportline wheels this time around. Their TST wheels look very much like the 19s, but I'm thinking space gray may be my color this time.

I should be able to sell the 19s and recoup at least some of the cost.

Either way, I'm going to use up these QuietTracks first. Have about 18k miles on them and 7/32" tread still left. I've got work to do. :)

Reactions: svusa
You're spot on right. I neglected to mention that I'm planning to go back to the 18" wheels. I love the look of the 19s, but not the low profile. Since I sold my original 18"-ers, I might go with T-Sportline wheels this time around. Their TST wheels look very much like the 19s, but I'm thinking space gray may be my color this time.

I should be able to sell the 19s and recoup at least some of the cost.

Either way, I'm going to use up these QuietTracks first. Have about 18k miles on them and 7/32" tread still left. I've got work to do. :)
When I purchased my winter set up I was going to buy the rims from T-sportsline but I came across the Curva Concept rims and fell in love with them.

I bought the Continental (Conti) Extreme All Seasons in 19" along with different rims as my winter set up. I had always had good success with Conti's on previous BMW's, I'm not real fanatical about road noise so for me they are good but ymmv.View attachment 778764
Conti has my vote! Quieter and more comfortable than PS4S at the same 45 psi.

Attachments

• IMG_1331.jpg
    IMG_1331.jpg
    590.3 KB · Views: 261