Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 tire rotation quote: $127

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just called my local service center for a tire rotation quote. Can we all agree that is a completely absurd price?

Guess I won’t be taking it in to Tesla. Jiffy Lube refuses to work on it because it’s a Tesla so I have to find an independent shop.
Suggest you post in the California forum asking about tire shops in your area that TMC members use.

You can probably rotate them yourself a lot cheaper. Just get the pucks/lift pads, etc. and a decent jack. I believe if you lift the front of the car, the rear will also lift allowing you to rotate front to back. That price for the SC is ridiculous. There was postings in the forum that sometimes mobile service will do the rotations as well.

You can probably rotate them yourself a lot cheaper. Just get the pucks/lift pads, etc. and a decent jack. I believe if you lift the front of the car, the rear will also lift allowing you to rotate front to back. That price for the SC is ridiculous. There was postings in the forum that sometimes mobile service will do the rotations as well.

The jack points are at the corners of the car... I can't figure out how the rear would be lifted with the front... unless you lifted it really high and bottomed out the suspension travel. Still your car would be teetering on one jack... not a good idea

The jack points are at the corners of the car... I can't figure out how the rear would be lifted with the front... unless you lifted it really high and bottomed out the suspension travel. Still your car would be teetering on one jack... not a good idea
You don't have to lift it very high. The Model 3 does not have much suspension articulation (stiff springs and antiroll bars). It's how Tesla mobile service does it and how I've done it on all my cars.

Last edited:
Just called my local service center for a tire rotation quote. Can we all agree that is a completely absurd price?

Guess I won’t be taking it in to Tesla. Jiffy Lube refuses to work on it because it’s a Tesla so I have to find an independent shop.

Considering they make like $180 / hr and you're taking up valuable shop time for something totally trivial, I can't really blame them, they have more critical work they can't be doing.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life