Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 tire rotation quote: $127

apacheguy

S Sig #255
Oct 21, 2012
So Cal
Just called my local service center for a tire rotation quote. Can we all agree that is a completely absurd price?

Guess I won’t be taking it in to Tesla. Jiffy Lube refuses to work on it because it’s a Tesla so I have to find an independent shop.

ecarfan

Sep 21, 2013
West Vancouver, British Columbia
Just called my local service center for a tire rotation quote. Can we all agree that is a completely absurd price?

Guess I won’t be taking it in to Tesla. Jiffy Lube refuses to work on it because it’s a Tesla so I have to find an independent shop.
Suggest you post in the California forum asking about tire shops in your area that TMC members use.

C141medic

Apr 9, 2016
New Jersey
You can probably rotate them yourself a lot cheaper. Just get the pucks/lift pads, etc. and a decent jack. I believe if you lift the front of the car, the rear will also lift allowing you to rotate front to back. That price for the SC is ridiculous. There was postings in the forum that sometimes mobile service will do the rotations as well.

acarney

Jul 9, 2019
Richland, WA
You can probably rotate them yourself a lot cheaper. Just get the pucks/lift pads, etc. and a decent jack. I believe if you lift the front of the car, the rear will also lift allowing you to rotate front to back. That price for the SC is ridiculous. There was postings in the forum that sometimes mobile service will do the rotations as well.

The jack points are at the corners of the car... I can't figure out how the rear would be lifted with the front... unless you lifted it really high and bottomed out the suspension travel. Still your car would be teetering on one jack... not a good idea

Daniel in SD

Jan 25, 2018
San Diego
The jack points are at the corners of the car... I can't figure out how the rear would be lifted with the front... unless you lifted it really high and bottomed out the suspension travel. Still your car would be teetering on one jack... not a good idea
You don't have to lift it very high. The Model 3 does not have much suspension articulation (stiff springs and antiroll bars). It's how Tesla mobile service does it and how I've done it on all my cars.

Last edited:

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
MA, NH

Considering they make like $180 / hr and you're taking up valuable shop time for something totally trivial, I can't really blame them, they have more critical work they can't be doing.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC