Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 tire rotation quote: $127

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am claiming it as it is my experience. When the Discount Tire employee checks me in they see I have purchased many sets of tires from them over the years. The tires I have on the 3 are OEM. They rotate my tires knowing when the OEM is done I will more than likely buy from them. Loss leader I think it is called. Do some goodwill and more often than not that is the place someone returns to when it is time to purchase.

Why is it listed as a cost on service menu? I think they have to put a cost. Do they have to do it for free for everyone? Nope.

Founder was a different guy and a local. Maybe just the shops around here are run that way. Managers and employees are top notch and very personable. Definitely an odd thing in today's world.

I’m glad to hear that the experience I have had is not unique to my city.
I have also had similar experiences with America’s (Aka Discount Tire ) in my city (only one location in my city of 130,000 pop)
They have repaired punctures on tires 3 times for me in the past (tires that were OEM or otherwise not purchased from them) this may be a free service I never actually checked but each and every time they got me out quick / pulled my car around to front / treated me as if I were a paying customer.
So when I purchased aftermarket wheels for my new model 3 guess where I purchased my tires for said wheels?
Watched the guy mount my tires from the waiting room / unlikely he was aware they were mine and i was watching ...treated my brand new wheels as carefully as if they were his own
A class act business indeed

Reactions: outdoors
I just got mines done at America's Tire in Campbell (CA). You can roll up without an appointment (it may take an hour or so walk in) It's apparently always busy. Nice thing is that theres a Starbucks and Whole Foods across the street so you can chill versus waiting. They mentioned working on a ton of Teslas. They texted me when it was done and it was completely FREE. Those guys are awesome.