Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tires for Winter: UHP All-Season vs. Dedicated Winter Tires - Opinions?

StealthP3D

Dec 12, 2018
Maple Falls, WA
For some, noise is also important, but not for me.

Re Noise: I don't care so much about the volume of noise, it's more about the quality of the noise. I've had a couple of sets of winters that I couldn't wait to get off in the spring, partly from the noise (but also because of their imprecise steering feel and numb driver feedback).

I am looking for snow tires for my original 18" AREO rims.
Do I just use the size specs as the all season tires?
Yes. 235/45R18.

I went with Michelin X-Ice Xi3 on my 18" Aeros and they worked well this past winter. I bought a second set of the 18" rims from Tesla for $200 each and just have two full sets of wheels to swap twice a year.

• Informative
Reactions: samk579

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC