Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tires, Tire Sizes, Types, make / model recommendations, tire discussions, etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did run a 285/35-19 on the rear with a 245/40-19 on the front with no issues, but that is just on the edge of your recommendations.

Absolute speed as reported by gps to wheel speed sensor for traction control just doesn’t seem like a place for software to look for a correlation, but ok.

It may only be used as a validation check. I think the bigger issue is drive unit motor speed vs wheel speed.

245/35/20's.
@MasterC17, Thank you for all the help. Now I understand the calculations and tire diameter importance. It looks like the Pzero's are 26.5. So the 245/35/20's at 26.8 (new) will allow tread wear to occur within the stock range of the intended diameter. Plus I'll get rim protection with the MP4S's. Looks like I will have some pzero's to sell....

Reactions: MasterC17
To add a little more optimism for OP, I would think you should be able to place the 255/35/20 (27") on without issue if you "tell" (wheel configuration in settings) the car it is on the new track performance wheels that come with 245/35/20 standard (26.8"). This difference should be within an acceptable error to not cause issues....and make sure you stay within 0.5" diameter front to back if going staggered.

Caveat...I have not personally tried this size but have been considering switching from 265/30 to 255/35 on front 9.5" HRE wheels with next turn around. I am sure someone has used a 27in size at some point (maybe on 18 or 19s)??

To add a little more optimism for OP, I would think you should be able to place the 255/35/20 (27") on without issue if you "tell" (wheel configuration in settings) the car it is on the new track performance wheels that come with 245/35/20 standard (26.8"). This difference should be within an acceptable error to not cause issues....and make sure you stay within 0.5" diameter front to back if going staggered.

Caveat...I have not personally tried this size but have been considering switching from 265/30 to 255/35 on front 9.5" HRE wheels with next turn around. I am sure someone has used a 27in size at some point (maybe on 18 or 19s)??
@SVDNN you read my mind... That is a brilliant idea.
@MasterC17 Can you confirm this configuration on a 2021 M3P using the new Uberturbine 20" (9") rims.

The only problem is I don't see the track performance wheels as an option to select in the drop-down in the car. Does anyone else?

Again, you may be totally fine with 27" tires. For me personally, I just wouldn't want to spend the time and money to end up with problems.

The only problem is I don't see the track performance wheels as an option to select in the drop-down in the car. Does anyone else?

Again, you may be totally fine with 27" tires. For me personally, I just wouldn't want to spend the time and money to end up with problems.

Look at Service...Wheel configuration, then drop down list.
Only issue is that it may not be an option on non-performance model 3...someone else may have to chime in.

IMG_5655.jpg

When my stock 235/35/20 Pirelli's are done I'm considering Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 255/30/20 front and back.

Diameter stock is 26.5" and the Michelin's would be 26.0"

If I was to look at 18" wheels I'd consider Michelin Pilot Super Sport in 255/40/18 with the same 26.0" diameter. I have the Super Sports on my BMW and love them.

AFAIK those are not the Track Package wheels those are the Referral Wheels with the same 235" tires as the regular 20's.
The track pack rims are 20x9 Zero G ET34. There was also an ET40 version which was referral only I think, but the Track Pack rim is the same as the ET34 referral rim. I haven't seen a Zero-G in 8.5" with 235 tyres fitted I don't think.

With the zero g on 245/35/20 and associated settings... ECU should be expecting tire diameter of 26.8", also equivalent to 285/30/20 (which I run in the rear on the 10.5" HREs).
Glad to hear beastmode13 also chimed in...no prob running with a 27.1" diameter tire size.
Thanks all :cool:

Reactions: Arctic blue
Sorry to Re-summon a near dead thread, but I've been looking everywhere for an answer on this, and I think I found it (Finally decided to join the forum instead of just fb groups :-D.

Based on the feedback I see above, I SHOULD Be ok if I swap out my stock Aero wheels with a square set of 19x9 running 255/35/19 instead of the documented 255/40/19 that would be in the wheel configurator?

I'm taking delivery of my second model 3 in a few weeks, and I'm planning some changes to it on delivery: KW Coilovers, and new wheels (Getting a set of advan flowspec 5.0). I figure the 19" Wheels would look just as good as the 20s once lowered, but the extra pound or 2 of weight savings would be good to have.