Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tires, Tire Sizes, Types, make / model recommendations, tire discussions, etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Does anyone have any input on this post? My car is arriving in a week and it's time to order tires. Thank you!

Either will be fine on your 9" wheel. I would go 245 because the overall diameter is closer to original.

Reactions: phantasms
I'm getting ready to purchase new tires and i was interested what everybody got on there M3's. I still have the factory235/45/18 michelin primacy on my LR. Trying to decide what to go to. Weather it's smooth ride, handling or how loud they are. Just trying to get an idea of what everybody got. Thanks

Thinking these wheels with unknown tires. What are the widest I can run with these? I want to run button willow, laguna seca, etc.. will be getting adjustable camber... I want max grip! Unless someone has another suggestion. Thanks!
These are actually available in Tesla specific fitment:

You should hit up @MODEL+ for pricing and availability. Danny is a pleasure to work with and he provides excellent service on these forums

Thinking these wheels with unknown tires. What are the widest I can run with these? I want to run button willow, laguna seca, etc.. will be getting adjustable camber... I want max grip! Unless someone has another suggestion. Thanks!

These are actually available in Tesla specific fitment:

You should hit up @MODEL+ for pricing and availability. Danny is a pleasure to work with and he provides excellent service on these forums

Yes.

Thank you @P-Lo801 that's the link the EC-7R (Fully forged) on our site.
The flow formed EC-7 will require hub rings but I can certainly help source everything.

For running wide tires, please refer to this thread:

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Danny

• Informative
Reactions: P-Lo801
Need new tires what brand for my 3 is recommended duel motor
This is what I've simplified it to based on my research of driving needs and compromises:

For comfort and range:
Vredestein Quatrac Pro
Continental PureContact LS (for 19")

For street performance and handling:
Michelin PS4S

For best of both worlds (compromising a little bit on range and performance):
Michelin PS AS4 (or AS3+)

There are plenty of other options available, but these are what I would personally go with.

• Informative
Reactions: MY-Y
Looking at recommendations for this?

Should I get the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s or the OEM Continental ProContact?

The OEM Continental's have the cushion and would get me better mileage. Probably quieter.

If anyone has gotten the Pilot Sport 4s on the 19" (non cushion), can you tell me about your mileage and noise? That's what I'm most worried about.

Looking at recommendations for this?

Should I get the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s or the OEM Continental ProContact?

The OEM Continental's have the cushion and would get me better mileage. Probably quieter.

If anyone has gotten the Pilot Sport 4s on the 19" (non cushion), can you tell me about your mileage and noise? That's what I'm most worried about.
Went from about 265 wh/m on MXM4 to 305 wh/m on PS4. It’s not the tire for range.

What numbers are you all seeing on quadtrac pro & pure contact ls? I haven’t seen anyone report equal or better range to the MXM4 except on Pirelli P7 plus.

Hey Guys,

I'm planning on upgrading my car next summer, need some inexpensive tires this fall to get me through another year. I realize what I'm asking here (seeking value tires), so just looking for anyone with real-life experience. Looking for the most well-rounded (no pun intended) value/cheap all-season. Does anyone have a recommendation they have actually tried? I see Milestar has a 3-peak 18" for about $108/each, but I'm assuming that tire is horrible (squirrely) in the summer, so I'm thinking a regular all-season would be OK.

Currently running the Primacy's which are complete trash in any snow, so even a budget all-season is likely better in winter conditions...

Thoughts?

PS- I fully understand what good tires are, and I'll put them on my next car. However, I'm not familiar with any of the budget options...

Just changed my OEM tires after 35k miles so I figured I would post what I changed too here. I am in the Northern VA area, so we don't usually have any really harsh winters but since I got the car in 2018, I noticed that the MXM4's were a bit squirrely on wet and icy/snowy pavement. I just put on the Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires and while I haven't done much driving on them yet, I am happy so far. They are so much better on wet pavement!

There is always talk about noise and efficiency with any new tire here so I'll put my limited testing notes here on those subjects too. As far as noise goes, when comparing 2/32 - 3/32 worn MXM4's to new CrossClimate 2's on dry pavement, the new tires are at about the same noise level. I did use a sound meter and basically came up with a dB range over x distance at x speed(highway speeds). The new tires are to the human ear effectively the same as the old tires. If you want a number to go with that I would estimate the new tires are maybe 2-3dB louder.

Anyway, as far as efficiency goes, with an even more limited test scenario, it's looking like about <10% hit which is pretty good considering I am going from extremely worn shallow tread to new full tread.

That's my two cents. Ohh and the CrossClimate 2's not only are all season, they are triple peak rated so I should have no problems here in Northern VA winters.

I have 66,700 miles on my Model 3 that we have had for a little over 3 years. We run snow tires in the winter and Michelin Primacy MXM4s during the summer. Am now facing the replacement of the 2nd set of MXM4s after less than 20,000 miles.

MXM4s are no longer recommended for the Model 3. The tire shop that I am working with recommends the Michelin CrossClimate2. They have a 60,000 mile warranty. Anyone have any experience or recommendations about them?

TIA

I have 66,700 miles on my Model 3 that we have had for a little over 3 years. We run snow tires in the winter and Michelin Primacy MXM4s during the summer. Am now facing the replacement of the 2nd set of MXM4s after less than 20,000 miles.

MXM4s are no longer recommended for the Model 3. The tire shop that I am working with recommends the Michelin CrossClimate2. They have a 60,000 mile warranty. Anyone have any experience or recommendations about them?

TIA
CrossClimate2 is likely a waste if you have dedicated winter tires...

I would continue to get the MXM4s. They have the Tesla foam to reduce the tire noise and the W rated tires have a 45k mile warranty.

"If the tire treadwear does not reach its mileage warranty a pro rata replacement of the tire may be available under this warranty. For the mileage warranty associated with a specific tire, please see your Michelin tire retailer or visit www.michelinman.com/promise. In order to maintain the treadwear warranty on your tires, the tires must be rotated every 6,000 to 8,000 miles (10,000 -12,000 km), or as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer, whichever rotation period is less. Failure to rotate the tires as provided herein voids the treadwear warranty."

Basically it's going to be a pain to claim the warranty on the tires. Rotate them four times a year (based on your driving of 67k over 3 years) and even then expect to pay a portion to get new tires. They're probably suggesting the CrossClimate2 thinking the "aggressive tread" represents MORE tread and will last longer. They might last a little longer, but I wouldn't expect twice as long as the MXM4s or anything, maybe 5,000 miles more.

You could also go for the Pilot Sport All Season 4 which should last a little longer than the MXM4s based on the UTQG treadwear rating...

Rotate those tires more often, run the correct PSI (XL tires require at least 42 psi for that load rating) and maybe lay off how aggressive you accelerate.

Reactions: superflyrolla
Hey everyone,

I’ll be getting a 2021 Performance 3 soon, and one of the first orders of business will be to change out the 20” wheels and tires for some 19” ones. I have ordered 19” wheels from TSportline (19x9.5" Front & Rear), but I don’t know what tires to go with. I know I want all seasons, and I’d like them to be somewhat performance oriented, while not having too much road noise. Any recommendations? Currently leaning towards the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus but I’m not a tire expert by any means.

Hey everyone,

I’ll be getting a 2021 Performance 3 soon, and one of the first orders of business will be to change out the 20” wheels and tires for some 19” ones. I have ordered 19” wheels from TSportline (19x9.5" Front & Rear), but I don’t know what tires to go with. I know I want all seasons, and I’d like them to be somewhat performance oriented, while not having too much road noise. Any recommendations? Currently leaning towards the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus but I’m not a tire expert by any means.
Ok so scratch the 19x9.5, I switched it to 19x8.5" and now the tires I am considering are the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires.

CrossClimate2 is likely a waste if you have dedicated winter tires...

I would continue to get the MXM4s. They have the Tesla foam to reduce the tire noise and the W rated tires have a 45k mile warranty.

"If the tire treadwear does not reach its mileage warranty a pro rata replacement of the tire may be available under this warranty. For the mileage warranty associated with a specific tire, please see your Michelin tire retailer or visit www.michelinman.com/promise. In order to maintain the treadwear warranty on your tires, the tires must be rotated every 6,000 to 8,000 miles (10,000 -12,000 km), or as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer, whichever rotation period is less. Failure to rotate the tires as provided herein voids the treadwear warranty."

Basically it's going to be a pain to claim the warranty on the tires. Rotate them four times a year (based on your driving of 67k over 3 years) and even then expect to pay a portion to get new tires. They're probably suggesting the CrossClimate2 thinking the "aggressive tread" represents MORE tread and will last longer. They might last a little longer, but I wouldn't expect twice as long as the MXM4s or anything, maybe 5,000 miles more.

You could also go for the Pilot Sport All Season 4 which should last a little longer than the MXM4s based on the UTQG treadwear rating...

Rotate those tires more often, run the correct PSI (XL tires require at least 42 psi for that load rating) and maybe lay off how aggressive you accelerate.
I was told that MXM4s are no longer recommended/available for the Model 3. They were offering a substantial warranty discount on the new tires.