Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tires, Tire Sizes, Types, make / model recommendations, tire discussions, etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a '21 M3P with summer tires. I want all-seasons. About to pull the trigger on Vredestein Quadtrac Pro 245-35-20. Will these tires replace the OEM 235-35-20 summer tires along with the TPMS without issue?
I got a 21 M3P as well. I just made this change. I haven’t driven much on the Vredestein but my butt dyno is making me think that perhaps my 0-60 has been impacted. I was very excited about these tires because of the 3 peak mountain and living in New England. I’m planning to go out tonite and do some testing. It may all be in my head but I sort of feel like when I Launch it the car is cutting power momentarily to regain grip which makes it feel slower relative to the OEM Pirelli. My passengers don’t seem to notice a difference. Does anyone know if there is a traction control light or anyway to know if it’s in my head or it can be verified. My other option would be the Pilot AS4 but although those may be less effective in the snow I would likely get better handling.. need to find that happy balance. Vredestein are also as quiet as the OEM Pirelli. Would love to get others thoughts that have tried the Vredestein and Michelin Pilot Sport AS.

I got a 21 M3P as well. I just made this change. I haven’t driven much on the Vredestein but my butt dyno is making me think that perhaps my 0-60 has been impacted. I was very excited about these tires because of the 3 peak mountain and living in New England. I’m planning to go out tonite and do some testing. It may all be in my head but I sort of feel like when I Launch it the car is cutting power momentarily to regain grip which makes it feel slower relative to the OEM Pirelli. My passengers don’t seem to notice a difference. Does anyone know if there is a traction control light or anyway to know if it’s in my head or it can be verified. My other option would be the Pilot AS4 but although those may be less effective in the snow I would likely get better handling.. need to find that happy balance. Vredestein are also as quiet as the OEM Pirelli. Would love to get others thoughts that have tried the Vredestein and Michelin Pilot Sport AS.
It does not surprise me, the Vredestein Quatrac PRO is not a sport tyre, but a comfort oriented tyre. Even if it can go to very high speeds, I think that the tyre is not rigid enough and that the rubber is not designed for accelerations at the level of the TM3P.
On the paper, Michelin Pilot Sport all season would necessarily be better for that. But I do not know how to say precisely, this tire is reserved for the American market and is unfortunately not available in Europe.

Generally speaking, it is certainly very difficult to develop an all seasons tire that is sport oriented. The all-seasons is already a complicated compromise, so if we add sportiness and also EV, it becomes an impossible equation to solve unless end up bad everywhere.

For vehicles with a very sporty character like the Model3 Performance, i think that it is best to take a specific package for the winter.

Reactions: 500e
Hi, looks prefect!
Do you have a close-up shot of the upper control arm?
Must be very tight, or?
And maybe also a front-view close-up shot of the wheels/tires? :)
Hi Klaus,
Sorry for the delay, took a while to get pics. As can be seen in the attached photo, the control arm has fair spacing from the tire. The tires are Michelin PS4.

Regards,

Tom

Attachments

• IMG_1760.jpeg
    IMG_1760.jpeg
    443.1 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_1764.jpeg
    IMG_1764.jpeg
    396.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1775.jpeg
    IMG_1775.jpeg
    818 KB · Views: 86
Hi Klaus,
Sorry for the delay, took a while to get pics. As can be seen in the attached photo, the control arm has fair spacing from the tire. The tires are Michelin PS4.

Regards,

Tom
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the photos!
I must admit I thought it would be way tighter...
I have 245/35R20 conti winter tires and they look like to have even fewer or similar low space:
245-35-20-winter.JPG

But good to know that the 255/35 PS4 will fit!
Thanks!

That second part appears to be a big nope, based on the previous page.
@500e Actually just did this swap today. Michelin A/S 4 255/35/20 rubbed on the right side. As previously mentioned by @Gimmethecash, their diameter runs 27.32”. You can hear it slightly when going straight and then it really starts to rub on turns. Changed to Continental ExtremeContact DWS06+ (Plus) with same size 255/35/20 and those don’t rub the UCA. Their diameter is 27.03” so try and stay at or below 27”. Much better clearance. Can’t comment on the throttle yet but they feel good, but perhaps not as sticky as the A/S 4s. Attached photos of them close up and mounted on 20x9 ET35 wheels. Edit: Added Conti tire dimensions.

6930AA2C-7E0E-496C-A758-4982245C4C35.jpeg

B601EFBC-859A-4402-B209-11BB448D05FF.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Leeclanual
@500e Actually just did this swap today. Michelin A/S 4 255/35/20 rubbed on the right side. As previously mentioned by @Gimmethecash, their diameter runs 27.32”. You can hear it slightly when going straight and then it really starts to rub on turns. Changed to Continental ExtremeContact DWS06+ (Plus) and those don’t rub the UCA. Their diameter is 27.03” so try and stay at or below 27”. Much better clearance. Can’t comment on the throttle yet but they feel good, but perhaps not as sticky as the A/S 4s. Attached photos of them close up and mounted on 20x9 ET35 wheels.

View attachment 712506
View attachment 712507
What size DWS06+ did you go with? I really had my mind set on the Micelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 given my poor experience with Vredestein. Unfortunately the Michelin is only available in 255/35/20, both 245/235 are out of stock and back ordered.

What size DWS06+ did you go with? I really had my mind set on the Micelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 given my poor experience with Vredestein. Unfortunately the Michelin is only available in 255/35/20, both 245/235 are out of stock and back ordered.
255/35/20 for the DWS06+. I had similar feelings about Michelins but reading all of the positive reviews elsewhere about the DWS06+ gave me confidence. The Plus version is supposed to improve on some of the previous shortfalls like dry handling and softness towards the sidewall. I’m also in Seattle and Contis are known for excellent handling in wet conditions.

Anyone running the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 on Uberturbines on the stock tire size 235/35/20? If so please share pics. I was told by Michelin they will be available in 235/35/20 next week. Ideally I’d want 245 but if it fits the wheel nicely I may go 235. Michelin said they don’t have a production date yet for 245

255/35/20 for the DWS06+. I had similar feelings about Michelins but reading all of the positive reviews elsewhere about the DWS06+ gave me confidence. The Plus version is supposed to improve on some of the previous shortfalls like dry handling and softness towards the sidewall. I’m also in Seattle and Contis are known for excellent handling in wet conditions.

having the Contis installed late next month… let us know how the range is impacted.

Reactions: kwpnw
having the Contis installed late next month… let us know how the range is impacted.
@Leeclanual Unscientific update. Ran errands today which was about 40mi in total distance with an equal mix of city and highway. 30mi avg range reported 268.

Other things to keep in mind: SOC 79% start, A/C was on low at 1 fan speed, ~45 PSI all around, 75 degree weather, driving style mostly normal. Let me know if that helps!

American Tire Depot is running a promo of 1 tire free if you purchase a full set. Was hoping to take advantage of this and order a set of 18" PS4S, but out of stock. What other tire would you go with after the PS4S for 18"?

For summer performance street use?

I'd wait for them to come back in stock, or buy elsewhere. There's nothing I'd consider as good.

For all seasons though the testing I've seen on the new Plus version of the DWS06 looks like they'd be a six-of-one sort of alternative to the PS AS4