Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tires, Tire Sizes, Types, make / model recommendations, tire discussions, etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently replaced the OEM Michelin Primacys with AS4s on the recommendation of my local tire shop.
I like the feel of them but they are very noisy from 40mph upwards. So much so that my wife and kids were complaining about them today on the freeway and asking me to play music to drown the sound.

I’m debating returning them, but wanted to check if anyone else has had a similar experience, or if I’m missing something? We do a lot of long distances in the car so the noise is a no go for us if it stays like this. Tires are inflated to recommended pressure and have about 200 miles so far.
Thanks

I believe the Primacy in OEM T0 spec have sound-reduction foam. Also, as touring tires they're probably already quieter by design. If you're driving in California, you can go for the Pilot Sport 4 t0 summer tires which have the foam and also perform well in rain

Reactions: eustachio
Anyone have any sense if Scottozeros in 255/35/20 will fit the stock Ubertines? Overall diameter is 27" but I'm unable to find revs per mile.

I love the stock wheels but they're just so heavy and I want a light 19" wheel for Summer use. I figure I'll use these beasts for Winter so range and weight be dammed. I'm figuring 255/35 to attempt to give the wheel a little more protection. I've already got a bubble on one 2000 mile stock tire from hitting a mild pothole. Sigh.

Thanks!

Anyone have any sense if Scottozeros in 255/35/20 will fit the stock Ubertines? Overall diameter is 27" but I'm unable to find revs per mile.

I love the stock wheels but they're just so heavy and I want a light 19" wheel for Summer use. I figure I'll use these beasts for Winter so range and weight be dammed. I'm figuring 255/35 to attempt to give the wheel a little more protection. I've already got a bubble on one 2000 mile stock tire from hitting a mild pothole. Sigh.

Thanks!
If they’re truly 27“, they should fit fine.

Reactions: phantasms
Hi all,

I have a 2018 Model 3 RWD Long Range with 19" wheels. At the moment the tires are all at 4/32 or slightly lower at around 22K Miles. Thinking of replacing the tires.

Deciding between Pirelli Cinturato P7 all season or Continental Pure Contact LS.

Looks like Cinturato and Pure Contact are not available in 'W' or 'Y' speed rating in 'XL' Load . My current tire(OEM Continental from Tesla) has a speed rating of 'W'. Is it ok to buy 96V XL, i.e. opt for 'V' vs 'W' or 'Y'?

Also if anyone has opinions between the two tires please do share. In terms of range which tire would you prefer?

Has anyone installed Michelin Cross Climate and their experience with it in terms of range loss.

Last edited:
Myself is thinking about allseasons, 245/45/18 size.

Im just not sure which tyre exactly. Im considering a few that i will list here and im curious what u guys would pick and why. Im using the car for driving lessons, not spirited track day driving so keep that in mind.

1. Michelin crossclimate 2's
2. Pirelli cinturato all season sf2
3. Continental allseason contact
4. Goodyear Vector-4Seasons-Gen3
5. Bridgestone weathercontrol A005 evo

Myself is thinking about allseasons, 245/45/18 size.

Im just not sure which tyre exactly. Im considering a few that i will list here and im curious what u guys would pick and why. Im using the car for driving lessons, not spirited track day driving so keep that in mind.

1. Michelin crossclimate 2's
2. Pirelli cinturato all season sf2
3. Continental allseason contact
4. Goodyear Vector-4Seasons-Gen3
5. Bridgestone weathercontrol A005 evo
I just got Pirelli Cinturatos installed on my 2018 RWD LR. The ride is much quieter compared to OEM Primacy tires.
The car handles a bit less sportily, while riding more comfortably.
ive had two sets of Cinturatos before, on my 2013 Model S. You can see I’m a big fan of these tires, mainly because they are so much quieter (even when they are 3 years old).
my driving style is sporty and aggressive, but the slightly stickier Primacy tires were so loud that I hated them with a passion. 😀

Reactions: Jasper2020