Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tires, Tire Sizes, Types, make / model recommendations, tire discussions, etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, so the Pilot Sport All Season 4 seem out of stock everywhere. Is there any other All Season alternative that will fit on the Model 3 Performance 20 inch Uber Turbines that I am somehow overlooking on Tirerack/Discount Tire? Not interested in buying new wheels/prefer an All Season to avoid the hassle. Thanks for your help.

OK I've read through a big chunk of this thread and just want confirmation about the consensus on tires for an M3P with a 19x9 square setup. I think "performance all-season" is the way to go b/c I want decent grip, but ride and noise are important.

1. Ideal size is 245/40/19, right?

2. Contenders seem to be Conti Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus or Pilot Sport All Season 4. Any others to consider? Read a bad review of the Yoko Advan Sport A/S+ but willing to be persuaded.

With M3P on order, I am pre-purchasing some modification. The 20 inch wheels wouldn't last a week on Houston roads. And I think they look a bit silly. I am going to 18s.

I couldn't pass up 265/40R18 Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Positions for $142 a piece at Tire Rack. Got a set delivered. They're 2019 manufacture date, but they won't last too long...

The reason I asked was when I went to BigO Tire website via google, it seemed to indicate the tire for Tesla Model 3 needs to be 'W' or above.Costco "tire selector" was also showing me a 'Y' rated tire. My current OEM ture is also 'W'. Hence I was not sure what the right speed rating should be.
Bah, the speed rating is only for top speed. I don’t think I will ever hit the 130 mph speeds on the roads. I am not planning to track my Model 3.

Just got my 245/35/20 DWS06+ mounted and installed today. So far so good

Attachments

• 20211008_092034.jpg
    20211008_092034.jpg
    851.8 KB · Views: 109
Wanted to give a big shout out to my new tires

255/40/18 Went with the Firestone Indy 500

4S out of stock everywhere, needed new rubber

All I can say is wow, With my Stealth performance, i now have a really good cornering car, launches much better
and overall ride quality has improved over stock tires

Size fit perfect with no rubbing

10 inch wide that fits on stock rims

will post some pictures shortly

Hello

I’m a newbie to this forum and Tesla. I’m just got Model 3 LR 2021 and buy wheel 20” x 8.5 +35 offset. But it come with 255/40ZR20 tires I worry about it will rub. What I need to do, someone told me to add spacers?
Thank a lot!!!
Those tires are too tall (28” diameter) and spacers won’t help. They will rub on the knuckle in front and would likely cause ABS/TC issues even if they didn’t rub. You need 245/35/20.

Where did you buy the wheels/tires?

I've read quite a few posts and admit I'm not much of a tire guy. I am coming from 20 straight years of driving only BMW's to my brand new M3P! Living in the Philly area we have a decent amount of winter weather and lousy roads too. I typically ran a winter set of tires and rims on my 3/4 series coupes and am thinking of doing the same with my new car. Asking for input going to 18" for the winter set up vs. 19"? Bigger sidewall = more forgiving on bad roads? I was looking at T-Sportsline, they have some nice 18" rims with the Conti extreme contact DWSO6 + tires for $2,400, this seems okay I guess? I can't seem to find the TPMS sensors for the 2021 model, is this an item I need to buy direct from Tesla because I can't seem to get anyone from parts to call me back? Any feedback or thoughts would be appreciated.

My understanding is that beginning in the 2021 model year for the Model 3, the only TPMS that work are proprietary to Tesla and have to be ordered from them. I think that this is usually ordered by the professional installer.

I would definitely go for the 18 inch wheels for your winter set, for the reasons you state.

If you are going to the length of having a dedicated winter set, wouldn't it be better to have winter tires, rather than all-seasons like the DWS06+? Or at least consider some of the new 'all-weather' tires (more winter capable than 'all-seasons'), like the Michelin CrossClimate, Nokian WR G4, or Vredestein Quatrac Pro. But maybe in Philly a good set of 'all-seaons' would be sufficient, even if it would not cut it here in Great White North.

Reactions: Birdsfan
My understanding is that beginning in the 2021 model year for the Model 3, the only TPMS that work are proprietary to Tesla and have to be ordered from them. I think that this is usually ordered by the professional installer.

I would definitely go for the 18 inch wheels for your winter set, for the reasons you state.

If you are going to the length of having a dedicated winter set, wouldn't it be better to have winter tires, rather than all-seasons like the DWS06+? Or at least consider some of the new 'all-weather' tires (more winter capable than 'all-seasons'), like the Michelin CrossClimate, Nokian WR G4, or Vredestein Quatrac Pro. But maybe in Philly a good set of 'all-seaons' would be sufficient, even if it would not cut it here in Great White North.
I thought about a true "winter tire" but I ran the Conti's on a few of my BMW's and they were also all wheel drive like the M3P and I didn't struggle, even in decent amount of snow. Additionally, we also have an SUV and my wife works from home so I can always use her car. Balancing performance and utility, I think??

I thought about a true "winter tire" but I ran the Conti's on a few of my BMW's and they were also all wheel drive like the M3P and I didn't struggle, even in decent amount of snow. Additionally, we also have an SUV and my wife works from home so I can always use her car. Balancing performance and utility, I think??
And the company I work for can buy tires from Continental at a discount which is why I'm putting this together somewhat frankenstein.