Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tires, Tire Sizes, Types, make / model recommendations, tire discussions, etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2019 model and have been holding out for the Michelin Pilot Sport EV that was announced back in February 2021.
does anyone here has an insider update on actual release da

Called Michelin today. They will ship the 20-inch versions in January and 21 and 22-inch versions in February to March of 2022. I did not write down the ratios and width because I was shopping for 19-inch tires. She did not know why the ramp up was so slow on these tires.

• Informative
Reactions: oreobbq
Hey, I am looking to replace the stock tires with a good set of all weather tires on my 2021 M3 SR+. I live in a climate with some snow and ice but its not terrible. I have had all weather tires before and I am pretty happy with them. They are better than all seasons. I was wondering if anyone here has had a set they really liked and could recommend?

Thanks

For those that don't know the difference.

So I’ve had my new M3P for 6 weeks and have already gone through 2 tires. Wanted to get thoughts on a better wheel tire combo. I’m considering a 19inch wheel with all seasons or an 18. I really prefer the look of the 19, but would rather avoid buying new tires every two,weeks.
appreciate any input out there

• Funny
Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Went autocrossing over the weekend and wore thru a couple of the oem ps4s. I have the grey wheels and replaced them at America’s Tire. They threw on a mismatched silver valve stem. They said the silver cap can be removed. Can this be done without making another trip to AT?

Attachments

• 4CB5F8C2-0156-4636-AC8A-EAC3A1E4CBFA.jpeg
    4CB5F8C2-0156-4636-AC8A-EAC3A1E4CBFA.jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 102
So I’ve had my new M3P for 6 weeks and have already gone through 2 tires. Wanted to get thoughts on a better wheel tire combo. I’m considering a 19inch wheel with all seasons or an 18. I really prefer the look of the 19, but would rather avoid buying new tires every two,weeks.
db, not sure what's happening that would cause you to go through two tires already, potholes? I'm going to put a full set (rims and tires) in 18" on my car for the winter to extend the life of the 20" rubber on them now and to try and protect the tires and rims from the north east winters. I did this on my previous BMW coupes and it worked well. I'm looking at T Sportsline for the rims and the conti's extreme contact for the rubber.

Hi, I’m new for Tesla and new on Mods :)

I decided to buy Volk TE37SL

But don’t know what size will fit to my M3LR 2021

I have couple options is:

18x9.5 +22 (5x114.3)

18x10 +40 (5x114.3)

18x9.5 +38, 18x10.5 +45

18x9.5 +40

If I can go with any options there and what tires size I need to go with out issues. My car still stock height, but will go drop 1” soon.

Thanks!

Hi, I have a 2018 Tesla Model 3 with the stock rims and tires. I am going to be buying new "non-Tesla made / non-OEM" rims and I plan to buy either 19 inch or 20 inch rims. I like the sporty look of the 20 inch rims, but understand that the ride may be more harsh with 20 inch rims and the tires that go with the 20 inch rims may be more prone to blow out, etc

I just wanted to know people's experiences with the 19 inch vs 20 inch rims for the model 3 (mine is 2018 model 3), so I can make a more educated decision for which size to go with.

Also if anyone has a brand / type of 19 inch or 20 inch rims that they have had good experience with.

Additionally, does anyone recommend certain tires to go with either the 19 inch or 20 inch rims?

Hi, I have a 2018 Tesla Model 3 with the stock rims and tires. I am going to be buying new "non-Tesla made / non-OEM" rims and I plan to buy either 19 inch or 20 inch rims. I like the sporty look of the 20 inch rims, but understand that the ride may be more harsh with 20 inch rims and the tires that go with the 20 inch rims may be more prone to blow out, etc

I just wanted to know people's experiences with the 19 inch vs 20 inch rims for the model 3 (mine is 2018 model 3), so I can make a more educated decision for which size to go with.

Also if anyone has a brand / type of 19 inch or 20 inch rims that they have had good experience with.

Additionally, does anyone recommend certain tires to go with either the 19 inch or 20 inch rims?
I have the 20" rims and I don't think the ride is bad at all. Coming from BMW's with RFT's these are like riding on marshmallow's! I'm getting a second set of tires and rims for the winter (I'm sold on 19" now) all season Conti extreme contact which I ran on my BMW with no issues in the Philly area. The rims are coming from Element Wheels, curva concepts C44, along with the Tesla TPMS and the Conti's balanced and installed. I think if running only one set of tires I would go with 19", good compromise over looks and performance vs practicality.

just purchased a 21 m3lr and considering swapping the aero's with the ubertine's. found a few sellers who are including the tpms. I'm wondering if the car will automatically recognize the new sensors. anything else I should be aware of? I understand range will drop.

I took delivery of a Model 3 SR+ recently. I just realized that it has Michelin Pilot Sport 4 235/45/zr18. Since I've had a Model 3 before, I didn't even check these before I left the delivery center. Anyone else seen this?
I planned on running winter tires anyways during the colder months, so that's not really a big negative, though I'd have to swap them on earlier now. However, would the car even achieve the range that it's specified at? Treadwear seems to be much less than the MXM4's also (though I'm not a huge fan of THAT tire either). Any other trade offs I should be considering? Are these worth any more than a set of MXM4 takeoffs... perhaps a new LR owner wants to trade?

How’d you do that? Potholes? If so, 18’s are your friend.

I took delivery of a Model 3 SR+ recently. I just realized that it has Michelin Pilot Sport 4 235/45/zr18.
I've never heard of that in the US market. Must have been a mix-up or something. Range will be a little less than the MXM4s. I'd keep them if you were already planning to get a winter tire set, but I'm sure someone would swap wheels/tires with you. (Needs to be a car with Bluetooth TPMS to do it easily.)

I've never heard of that in the US market. Must have been a mix-up or something. Range will be a little less than the MXM4s. I'd keep them if you were already planning to get a winter tire set, but I'm sure someone would swap wheels/tires with you. (Needs to be a car with Bluetooth TPMS to do it easily.)
I think they have a shortage of mxm4 t1. I think they are oos everywhere. Recent sr drops are all 19".

just purchased a 21 m3lr and considering swapping the aero's with the ubertine's. found a few sellers who are including the tpms. I'm wondering if the car will automatically recognize the new sensors. anything else I should be aware of? I understand range will drop.
After installing the new tires you will need to go into the settings menu, sorry I don't know the specific path off the top of my head and tell the car you have new tires and it will do the adjustment for you as you drive.