Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tires, Tire Sizes, Types, make / model recommendations, tire discussions, etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess just how you found them so far. I rarely see them in anyones comparisons but based on the searching I have done, they seem to be one of the highest rated tires.
They have better grip in the rain and light snow…. And about the same level of road noise (not quieter). Overall I like them… look better on rim also. I’m not sure on overall range decrease… made on trip to PA (from VA) and it seemed like about a 25% decrease in range… but is same as OEM decrease in winter driving (25-35F) last few years. I definitely recommend them… purchased through tire rack and had them install (ATS)… right at the house.

Reactions: dani190
Thanks for the tip about the DWS 06 PLUS. I had looked at the DWS 06 previously, but the PLUS seems to be an improvement in every way. Provided the efficiency is good (not clear yet based on what I have read) they could be another option for our next set on our Model 3.

Reactions: Leeclanual
Based on the winter range decrease I really do think the DWS06+ range will be equivalent to the OEM tires… I’ve been driving between VA and PA for last few years and the range cut between summer and winter has averaged around 25% on the OEM and the DWS06+. I think you’ll like them.

Hey all!

I’m hoping to get some first hand opinions/experience/suggestions from people who might be or have been in the same situation.

Just ordered my model 3 and should hopefully have it by May. I plan on upgrading the wheels to a 19” shortly after I get it. Im looking for suggestions/opinions on all season tires…. (All season performance is fine as well). I do plan on using the 18” aero for my winter wheels as I already have a set of winter tires I had on my old car and only used for this past winter.

My reasoning for looking at all seasons is because my work commute is longer than usual. 3 days a week I have a 2 hour round trip to get to/from work. So as you can tell, I’ll be putting miles on my car during spring/summer and hoping to get a few seasons out of them. So I’m looking for an AS tire that has really good treadwear and more on the quiet side.

Can anybody give some of their suggestions/opinions on what AS tires I should possibly look at? Ive done a bit of research and had a few in mind, but was hoping some of you with first hand experience could chime in. Any help would be appreciated!

Hey all!

I’m hoping to get some first hand opinions/experience/suggestions from people who might be or have been in the same situation.

Just ordered my model 3 and should hopefully have it by May. I plan on upgrading the wheels to a 19” shortly after I get it. Im looking for suggestions/opinions on all season tires…. (All season performance is fine as well). I do plan on using the 18” aero for my winter wheels as I already have a set of winter tires I had on my old car and only used for this past winter.

My reasoning for looking at all seasons is because my work commute is longer than usual. 3 days a week I have a 2 hour round trip to get to/from work. So as you can tell, I’ll be putting miles on my car during spring/summer and hoping to get a few seasons out of them. So I’m looking for an AS tire that has really good treadwear and more on the quiet side.

Can anybody give some of their suggestions/opinions on what AS tires I should possibly look at? Ive done a bit of research and had a few in mind, but was hoping some of you with first hand experience could chime in. Any help would be appreciated!
Really happy with my Continental Purecontact LS tires. They are an EV/high efficiency tire. I stepped up to 245/40R19 (instead of 235/40) for a little extra width and sidewall.

Reactions: SkunkApe
Hey all!

If you’re interested, I’ll buy the stock 18“ OEM Michelin AS tires from you. Shoot me a PM if so.

Reactions: SkunkApe
Got the Pilot Sport All Season 4 today. Went with the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 since they didn’t have the Continental DWS06+ in stock.

Butt dyno already feels like the torque is considerably sharper and cornering doesn’t feel as mushy as the original eco tires.

Consumption seems a bit higher than what I usually get driving 40-45mph through the suburbs.
IMG_1528.jpeg

IMG_1531.jpeg

Just purchased 19" Tsportline wheels, along with Michelin PS All Season tires for my Performance Model 3. Factory was 20".

Can this swap easily/safely be done at home?

Obviously need the right tools - Will need a proper jack, along with correct attachment/placement. Have a torque wrench to get to the proper setting.

Know that I'd need to change setting in the computer from 20 to 19.

Not having any pulling issues, just am pretty ignorant as to whether there is another step that I'd be missing.

Will really appreciate advice.

Just purchased 19" Tsportline wheels, along with Michelin PS All Season tires for my Performance Model 3. Factory was 20".

Can this swap easily/safely be done at home?

Obviously need the right tools - Will need a proper jack, along with correct attachment/placement. Have a torque wrench to get to the proper setting.

Know that I'd need to change setting in the computer from 20 to 19.

Not having any pulling issues, just am pretty ignorant as to whether there is another step that I'd be missing.

Will really appreciate advice.
@airbob04 Yes totally fine to do at home. Get a breaker bar / big wrench to loosen the lug nuts, don't use a torque wrench for that.

There's just a few basics to get right. Loosen the nuts a little with the tire still making contact with the ground (some weight lifted by the jack but not off the ground). Finish tightening/torquing in the same manner, with the wheel making contact with the ground (preferably not full weight on the ground).

Tighten in a back-and-forth pattern, generally good practice for anything (not just lug nuts holding a car wheel).

Do the swap on a level surface. Do what you can to make sure the car won't roll - parking brake at a minimum (and then keep that other rear wheel on the ground!).

If the car is just up on a jack don't get under it! Assume it could fall down or start rolling at any moment, make sure you won't get crushed if that happens.

This is all assuming your tires are already mounted and balanced on the wheels, with the correct TPMS sensors for your car (assuming you want TPMS). If not, take it to a tire shop for mounting and balancing!

Most important: When changing wheels for the seasons the slow way, with just a spare kit and a torque wrench, have an appropriate seasonal beer on hand. :)

summer_wheels_summer_beer.png

• Helpful
Reactions: jrmt23
@airbob04 No problem!

One thing I forgot to mention - When swapping between wheels I usually put a wheel (with tire on it) under the car next to the jack as backup.

I don't know for sure if a wheel on its side would actually slow or stop the falling car if it slips off the jack, thankfully I never found that out, but it seems prudent especially if you don't have proper jack stands.

(Depending on the width of the wheels and clearance of the car it might not be practical to slip a wheel under. Stock Model 3 with stock-width wheels should be easy, but I haven't jacked this car up myself yet, no promises.)

This also might be a stupid question, but when you change to an aftermarket tire do you maintain the same tire pressure as whats on the door sticker?

I stuck with the oem tire size for the 18" wheels, so I figured the answer would be yes.

This also might be a stupid question, but when you change to an aftermarket tire do you maintain the same tire pressure as whats on the door sticker?

I stuck with the oem tire size for the 18" wheels, so I figured the answer would be yes.
Yes, same pressure. If you want a bit more comfort, you can always drop it down a bit. Tesla sets their pressures for efficiency.

Reactions: jrmt23
Reactions: Atraf