Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m already doing research on a good set of Winter tires for my Model 3 19” Wheels. Anybody have any recommendations? What tires will you buy for your next set of All Season/Summer tires? If I want staggered tires for the summer, how would I get it done?

Reactions: Anto
I’m already doing research on a good set of Winter tires for my Model 3 19” Wheels. Anybody have any recommendations? What tires will you buy for your next set of All Season/Summer tires? If I want staggered tires for the summer, how would I get it done?

Are you planning on getting 19" winter tires and using them on your 19" sport wheels? I am asking because I have found that the wear and tear and cost of mounting and re-mounting can get high compared to getting a set of dedicated winter wheels and tires. Also, from what I have seen historically in Toronto (although I have not looked that extensively) selection and price for a 19" winter is far more limited / more expensive than dropping down to an 18 (for wheels and tires).

Are you planning on getting 19" winter tires and using them on your 19" sport wheels? I am asking because I have found that the wear and tear and cost of mounting and re-mounting can get high compared to getting a set of dedicated winter wheels and tires. Also, from what I have seen historically in Toronto (although I have not looked that extensively) selection and price for a 19" winter is far more limited / more expensive than dropping down to an 18 (for wheels and tires).
Oh really? I heard the opposite. I wanted to just get tires and mount them on. I like the look of the sport wheels. Is it really cheaper to just buy tires and wheels and get the swapped with the current wheels instead ofnjust buying tires and remounting them?

Oh really? I heard the opposite. I wanted to just get tires and mount them on. I like the look of the sport wheels. Is it really cheaper to just buy tires and wheels and get the swapped with the current wheels instead ofnjust buying tires and remounting them?
Definitely 18" package are cheaper than the 19".
Switching tires in Ontario, twice a year, looking at $80.00 each time. I will get rims and tires for winter.
The Dunlop sp winter sport 4D runs flat

Definitely 18" package are cheaper than the 19".
Switching tires in Ontario, twice a year, looking at $80.00 each time. I will get rims and tires for winter.
The Dunlop sp winter sport 4D runs flat
I think you misunderstood me. I already have the 19” sport wheels. I want to get winter tires and I’m debating if I should just buy the tires and mount them on or buy entirely new wheels and tires just for winter.

I have Xices on my S and they've been great. Most don't like the Sottozeros that Tesla recommends, based on the read on the forums here.

I have separate wheels for the S (and will for the 3 eventually) - I change the tires for the rest of the people in my family, but I won't take the risk of jacking the S myself. WAAAY too much risk involved if I do something stupid like jack up on the battery or something. Tesla service can do that for me twice a year (per car), thank you. :)

I pay about $60 to have 4 wheels and tires taken off and a new set of 4 wheels and tires (winters) put on. I do that 2x a year. On another leased vehicle, I kept one set of rims, and just bought winter tires, and I was charged, I think about $240 to have the tires taken off the rims, winter tires mounted back on that same set of times.